DPF Failure

ddorrer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Tdi, 2012 JSW Tdi DSG (Sold w/80k miles), 2010 Sportwagen TDI 6spd (Traded)
Hi Guys,

I have a 2013 JSW TDI with 93k miles. Earlier in the week a CEL popped up with a P2002 and a P0401 code; DPF and EGR respectively. Took into the Stealer (VW). They did a full scan and forced regen at no cost. Yesterday it came back, again took it back and they finally agreed to replace the DPF and EGR at no cost under the extended warranty.

Backstory: This was a VW buyback that sat in storage until VW fixed it. We bought it in 2019 from a used car dealer with a VW Manufacturer branded title; only 40k miles at the time. Its been relatively good car sans this issue.

The other issue occurs in extremely cold weather; the intercooler freezes and may cause a hydro-lock. Happened twice. I just removed the glow plugs, drain the condensate and it started right up. I then drilled a small hole in the left side plastic piping. Its been draining whatever condensate the builds up. I also block the lower grill with metal duct tape- I just removed it as the weather is improving. Seems to be working without any performance or over temp issues.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
So, are you asking something here? All your stuff is VERY common.... common before Dieselgate (as in, both had TSBs issued years before you bought the car), so, nothing new here. Just made worse now, of course.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Are you just documenting what happened and your experience? Also, You can get that TSB done under the warranty. I know a couple people have done it.