DPF & EGR Delete

CRSlanger

TDI
2011 VW Jetta TDI 2.0L CR140
Hey. I’m new to TDIs and I was planning on doing the good ole Malone tune with a DPF delete. Due to me being short on time and money to spend on the car atm, I am almost forced to do the exhaust first, then the tune. 1. Will adding a downpipe and straight piping my car make it go into limp mode?
2. Good EGR delete kits? What is all needed (just the straight metal piece with the flange to replace the EGR)? Please help.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
HI,

Mine may be an unusual case BUT when I added a free flowing 3" exhaust on my car, I did limp mode more often (well alot) from overboost (boost comes on much faster and harder .... like right now ... no strike that .... it's so fast it was like it could anticipate when I was going to push the go pedal! .... really fast

Anyways, To combat that, I drive it with a little less throttle and a little less aggressively and get better MPGs to boot.

No sure why the above happened but I did not retune yet .... Maybe when I retune they'll figure out why the overboost and I can do some Italian tuneups without limping out ....

As far as delete , Im only guessing that a simple block off plate could be used BUT being that your car is newer and probably more complicated than the ALH I have you may want to double check that.

Andrew

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Much more complicated on the OP's car. If you are deleting stuff you have to have a tune to get it to run right. Deleting any of that stuff also includes the sensors built into them. Can't run the car with nonfunctioning sensors without a tune. You are also aware it is illegal to do and they are cracking down on this right now as well.

CRSlanger

TDI
Much more complicated on the OP's car. If you are deleting stuff you have to have a tune to get it to run right. Deleting any of that stuff also includes the sensors built into them. Can't run the car with nonfunctioning sensors without a tune. You are also aware it is illegal to do and they are cracking down on this right now as well.
I am aware of that. I may just need to find a way to get it all done at once.

CRSlanger

TDI
HI,

Mine may be an unusual case BUT when I added a free flowing 3" exhaust on my car, I did limp mode more often (well alot) from overboost (boost comes on much faster and harder .... like right now ... no strike that .... it's so fast it was like it could anticipate when I was going to push the go pedal! .... really fast

Anyways, To combat that, I drive it with a little less throttle and a little less aggressively and get better MPGs to boot.

No sure why the above happened but I did not retune yet .... Maybe when I retune they'll figure out why the overboost and I can do some Italian tuneups without limping out ....

As far as delete , Im only guessing that a simple block off plate could be used BUT being that your car is newer and probably more complicated than the ALH I have you may want to double check that.

Andrew
Good to know! I figured there may be a way to run it on the downpipe with no tune for a week, but I don’t know if I want to risk it. Thank you for the info.

DslG8r

TDI
2015 mk7
The federal government requires the vehicle to go into limp mode when emissions aren't working/ or defeated. Definitely save up and do it all at once. I usually recommend loading the tune first, then starting the car and making sure it runs, then removing the components. That way if the tune file has an issue, you can always return it back to stock and still use your car while the tune gets fixed

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI w/alh auto
Hey. I’m new to TDIs and I was planning on doing the good ole Malone tune with a DPF delete. Due to me being short on time and money to spend on the car atm, I am almost forced to do the exhaust first, then the tune. 1. Will adding a downpipe and straight piping my car make it go into limp mode?
2. Good EGR delete kits? What is all needed (just the straight metal piece with the flange to replace the EGR)? Please help.