DPF Delete Shops in Central IL? (Pekin/Peoria/Bloomington)

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 2.0L DSG
Anyone know if any shops willing to delete my MK6 TDI in Central IL? I'm having a tough time finding someone knowledgeable enough to do this work. Cash payment is fine.

Thanks, you guys have been a big help so far.

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
I know that these threads can be a red flag so please delete (lol, get it?) if inappropriate.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
I know that these threads can be a red flag so please delete (lol, get it?) if inappropriate.
I don’t think anyone will reply. There is no way to know if you are a .gov stooge and it doesn’t matter because I’m sure they monitor this forum anyway. Things are much different than they were in 2015.

You’ll probably have to do it yourself.

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
Really not hard to do yourself, especially if you cut the pipe off the DPF (if you're not going to reuse).
I'm leaning towards just installing a new DPF but I can't find a mechanic that's willing to do the job. My normal guy bailed on me. Said he's never done it and doesn't feel comfortable.

Bradm

Veteran Member
TDI
02,03,05, Jetta 99.5 Golf
If you get the instructions from rawteck and have minimal mechanical ability you can get it done, especially if you cut the pipe off. Probably the same difficulty as a brake job. Hardest part for me was removing the EGR pipe that wraps around the engine, which you could leave i suppose

Tuheeden

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 & 2014 Jetta sportwagon
It's illegal for a shop to PERFORM a DPF delete. They can sell you off road parts but no established business would offer to do this.
As mentioned if you do it yourself it's a pretty basic job. While I love Rawtek kits another economic option is Flow Direkt. 304 stainless and only 2 pieces. It's 2.5 in instead of 3in from Rawtek but half the price and very good quality