DPF delete and tune, no more 507.00 oil needed?

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
DPF delete and tune, oil requirement? I would much rather use several different oils than what's offered out there in 507.00 rated oil. I would imagine if you have no DPF etc and a tune you could run any high quality oil you want such as Amsoil etc

engineered2win

Veteran Member
TDI
MkVI Golf TDI
I switched to Rotella Synthetic 5w-40 when I removed my DPF. There's no reason to use 507.00 spec low ash oil, when you don't have a DPF to fill up. You can find it on sale for <$25 for 4qts.

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
I figured as much, I just finished t-belt, wp and all the fluids. Next is ordering struts and a downpipe then get it to a malone tune shop in MA, none in CT that I know of

flynfrog

TDI
2010 TDI Golf
i sent my ECU off to Fixmyvw.com they turned it around in a day accross the country.

UberVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf Variant TDI
If you don't have a DPF, I'd recommend Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 as well.
Lots of guys with gassers use this oil as well. Many Used Oil Analysis tests posted online with great results. It's a great oil at a good price.