DPF Back Order

Gvillewill

TDI
2011 Golf
Hi, I'm new to the site and new owner of a 2011 TDI Golf. Well 13,000 miles new.
About three weeks ago, my CEL popped up with two codes, 0401, 2002, DPF, EGR. After doing some research, I found out that the car was covered under the extended warranty, so off to the dealer I go. They ran their diagnostics and told me that I can't drive the car home because it would be too dangerous, but that they would order the part and I should get her back in a week.

Well, I waited about four days and then went back in to check the progress and was told that the DPF's are on back order and VW has not given them any time frame as to when the part will arrive. Then they told me that I was one of four people here in Gainesville, Fl with the same issue.

Does anybody know anything about this issue?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Not heard of it, but given how these things went from about a 5% fail rate pre-fix to about a 20% fail rate post-fix I am not at all surprised.

Yet another reason why deletes will be so popular.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
They gave you a loaner as they were supposed to do right? Let them take as long as they want and pile the miles on the loaner car instead of yours. I have read here that there is this issue going on right now. Might just be for the older cars though as the newer ones weren't getting newer parts like the older ones are.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
VW dealers around the country have been waiting for backordered DPFs.

I replaced one for a customer on a high mileage CKRA Passat recently after his turbo failed (plus, his car was not eligible for a fix, thus he did not receive a fix, restitution nor the generous extended warranty). We waited nearly 2 months for it to show up from the dealer. And some of the VW tech pages I follow are saying the same thing, once techs finally got the DPFs they were waiting for it was right around 2 months to see the part.

And when I got mine, there was a weld partially blocking the bung for EGT #3 sensor that I had to drill out :rolleyes:

Drilled it out in a hurry, too.. I wasn't gonna wait another 2 months for another DPF.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
So typical. Makes you want to buy a VW again don't it! NOT!

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
So typical. Makes you want to buy a VW again don't it! NOT!
Yeah, just more pains related to the emissions scandal and how many of these parts they needed to "fix" and put them back on the roads...

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
what i understand but call total BS is how they told you that you cant drive it home (for safety reasons)
are you going to be able to get into the new class action suit against VW about this MPG quota BS that they pulled? its more recent than most cases.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
i brought mo other jsw in because of DPF GOING BAD. they told me to drive it. would suffer with less mileage and a slight smell. i totaled the car as the dpf arrived. i put on 5k in the month i was waiting. If the motor blows its under warranty.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
i brought mo other jsw in because of DPF GOING BAD. they told me to drive it. would suffer with less mileage and a slight smell. i totaled the car as the dpf arrived. i put on 5k in the month i was waiting. If the motor blows its under warranty.
WHAT?
as in you got in a rek or the engine kaboomed? your saying it was due to the DPF issue? how so? too much EGT?
please elaborate!