Door Locks Not Working After Vw Recalls

bryanviper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Hey guys,

2011 Jetta TDI - 61,xxx kms on it.

I took it in today to have 2 recalls done on the car, 1 was something to do with the suspension or support in the rear of the car and the other was an ECU update.

After getting the car back I notice that the door lock button does not work at all on the inside of the car (both driver/passenger) I do have an appointment again with the dealer however wanted to know if anybody has run into this issue before and maybe I can fix it so I don't have to go waste my time there.

I did check the fuses but everything looks good, and I also checked with Vagcom and found the following error. I tried to clear the code but it just comes back right away so I don't think its even being removed.

Thanks

bryanviper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Bump,

Dealer basically told me because my warranty ended yesterday that they cannot fix my issue unless I pay for it. Terrible customer service, they cause an issue then deny fixing it because my warranty ended yesterday.

skigolfmike

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG SEL
Don't feel bad my driver's door lock actuator has been intermittent for a year and a half. They could not recreate it while the car was under warranty, but now that it's out of warranty they want to charge me $700 to fix it.

IMNSHO, this is a design flaw as they is no way to manually lock the car if one of the actuators fail.

bryanviper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
my issue actually ended up being a short in the cables that run in the middle of the center console to the door lock switch in the back center.

Would of cost me over $800 in just labor since they had the car for almost 2 days tracking down the issue.

Don't feel bad my driver's door lock actuator has been intermittent for a year and a half. They could not recreate it while the car was under warranty, but now that it's out of warranty they want to charge me $700 to fix it.

IMNSHO, this is a design flaw as they is no way to manually lock the car if one of the actuators fail.

NAZ TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG
VW has a weird reset procedure involving the power windows. On my '11 Jetta TDI with KESSY I have had to do this a few times when KESSY quit working (Could not unlock nor lock doors by touching the handle; had to use buttons on key fob): Roll each window down and continue holding the button in "Down" position for 5 or so seconds. Then roll the window up and continue holding button in "Up" position for five or so seconds. Do this for each window. Repeat two or three times.
Also had to do this after disconnecting the battery to get the automatic up/down feature to work again.

rlarson229

TDI
2008 Jetta
Bump,

Dealer basically told me because my warranty ended yesterday that they cannot fix my issue unless I pay for it. Terrible customer service, they cause an issue then deny fixing it because my warranty ended yesterday.
A similar thing happened to me. They wanted $900 to replace two door lock actuators. Car was just out of warranty timewise, but not mileage wise. I ended up calling VW offices and they die nothing for me. I ended up replacing them myself for the price of the locks which were not that expensive on Amazon. I replaced the passenger side yesterday. Since buying the vehicle new, all 4 lock actuators failed, so I'm sure there is a defect somewhere but they won't admit it. It's definitely a safety issue because there is no other way to lock the door.