Does this VCDS log look normal?

bherman13

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 BRM 5spd
Hey everybody. As some of you may already know, I haven't had a TDI for very long and I've been plagued with one issue after the next.

After my turbo failure last fall, I've noticed a surge under full throttle acceleration. I haven't done much with it since, focusing on other things.

I just swapped the wastegate actuator over from my old turbo since the turbo I bought had a new actuator with a vacuum nipple that was too large. I had rigged up something for in the meantime, but now the old actuator with the right size nipple is on and working. I also noticed the pressure lines from turbo to N75 and then from N75 to wastegate actuator had been reversed on the N75.

Now with the old actuator and the vac lines in their correct place, I feel no surging under acceleration. But, just for curiosity's sake, I logged a couple full throttle pulls for group 11 in VCDS.

2nd gear pull:

2nd gear, then 3rd gear pull:

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. The boost pressures seem a little low to me. What I'm particularly interested in is the fluctuation of the N75 valve? Is this small of fluctuation normal? It seems to be only 2-3 percent movement max, while it opens and closes through the rest of the 55 percent range just fine it appears.

What, if anything, looks out of the ordinary here?