Does anyone use FEROX for reducing regens??

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Message says it. I came across this product made by Rennsli in Utah that reducing the recurring regens,by improving combustion in TDIs. If you do short trips you probably get regen notices or DPF notices,I was hoping this would help.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Never heard of it. When be had to return to lower nox (reducing combustion temps) it increased the soot which increased the regents. The only thing that fixes both problems is the injector that was developed. But it requires a new engine design.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Let me ask .... WHY? Why are you even concerned? If you only take short trips, this leads me to believe that you don't drive a lot.... so you're concerned about too many\frequent active regens correct? Being that your rig is a 2016, and with your "perceived" use pattern, you should be covered by the 10year\120k fix warranty.... so you shouldn't hit that mark until 2026.... (more than likely.... guessing here, since you didn't say what's on the clock now).....

Sounds like you should drive more and worry less.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I drive 2 long trips a year 1500 miles each plus a bunch of 5-15 mile trips. Car was bgt new 2018 a diesel gate car quarantined until "fix" was approved.. Had 1500 miles on the clock ,now has 20,000. Car is never used in winter conditions.so it heats up quickly. I got a DPF warning, dealer said drive it on the interstate like you stole it. I did and the warning is gone. I am well a where of short trip issue with these diesels. I'm trying to be proactive and this product would clean up the issue with the DPF warnings
BTW I drive when I need to not to keep a car happy I have 4 cars so each is used for a different purpose. This is the work horse, towing and long trips most of the time. I drive 15+thousand miles a year over all.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
So like I said.... 5 years and 100k worth of coverage .... No point in stressing until you need to. There's a good chance that if you start using snake oils and such you'll end up voiding your warranty.

I stand by my statement. Drive more, worry less.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Short tripping these cars will kill the DPF and emission system faster than anything. Once a week you need to drive on the highway for 30 minutes. Or you will have emissions issues.