Does anyone in San Antonio, TX have a USB cable that I can use for VAG-COMMANDER?

TDI
2006 VW Jetta 1.9L
Hey Guys,

I'm doing a retrofit steering wheel and highline cluster swap, but I don't have the SKC pin for my car or the car I pulled the cluster off of to get everything swapped over and get passed the immobilizer. I was going to use VAG-COMMANDER to find the pin, but the HEX-V2 cable I bought from Ross-Tech doesn't support other programs like the older ones did 'cause you can't put the cable in "dumb" mode.

I was wondering if someone nearby would mind letting me borrow a compatible cable, or let me buy one that's not being used? I can get one online, I'm just impatient because I want to finish this job already haha

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
You can actually use your VCDS cable, if it's HEX+CAN, with kw1281test (written by @gmenounos ) that will let you get the SKC. I just read your post above about not going into dumb mode. I may or may not be in SA this week to help you get that SKC, and then I'll be on vacation for about three weeks.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
HEX-V2 won't work, only the original HEX will work. You can also use a cheap generic cable like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6498D0
I thought of that in the middle of my response.

I actually have that cheap generic cable as well (that I use for doing EDC15 immo deletes). So that said, I have the original HEX+CAN, MPPS, KKL, and VAG DASH CAN.