Do we heve to go to dealer?

cage

Top Post Dawg
There is a great garage in my city that fixes Mercedes Volvo Peugeot and VW diesels. I know that if your car dies on a trip you can claim service under warranty, but can we take our cars to a place other than the dealer for service anytime? I hate my dealer and will never take my car there again. They can't even install an air vent! I broke my air vent in my Beetle which they replaced under warranty, however they didn't connect the on-off portion of the vent and it is in the off position and can't be turned on. I am going to fix it myself. I also had to point out two fluid leaks to my dealer after it had been in for service. One would think they might look under the hood themselves when servicing the car. I guess that is extra.

CJ Pugliese

To get something fixed under warranty you have to go to a VW dealer. There is no way to get around it. Your experience of dissatisfaction with your dealers service, or lack thereof, is not one that is unique to this forum. I think that if you go to the service dept enough times in your ownership experience, you will eventually get upset about something you experience there. VW dealers could take a lesson from MBZ service depts. when it comes to service.

M

mickey

I'm curious how good the dealer service is at European VW dealers; both UK and on the Continent. I'll bet they're a lot better than the ones in the US. The problem here, for the most part, seems to be a lack of proper training in dealing with TDI problems, rather than an unwillingness to help. I've heard a few stories about VW dealers who are genuinely worthless, but most of them have good intentions but no idea how to fix or maintain the cars. If it's just a VWoA problem, maybe a few (thousand) well-placed e-mails and calls to the parent company would help.

-mickey