Do we have any info on individual lawsuits?

blaster668

TDI
2012 Jetta
For folks that opted out of the class action suit, have there been any outcomes that anyone is aware of regarding individual suits? The reason I ask is that I currently have a Ram Ecodiesel that is currently going through a similar situation that VW did. There have been mass solicitations by law firms suggesting not to join one of the class action suits, but have them represent you individually.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Was it proven that Fiat/Chrysler had a similar emissions cheat device installed on their Ecodiesel powered vehicles? I thought that was just hearsay?

Edit: never mind. Google is my friend.

http://www.tfltruck.com/2017/01/epa...eep-ecodiesel-emissions-cheating-allegations/

Wow.

There is a difference between VW and FCA though. FCA alleges that these were not done to cheat but were done as part of emission control procedures used to preserve the emissions control system etc. etc. etc. without intent to evade the rules/limits. The crime would be failure to disclose with no intent to cheat vs the VW intent to evade the law and cheat.

We'll see how it plays out and who is right, but I would not put money down on a huge forced buyback etc over this at this time.

saylor

TDI
2010 Jetta TDi
I don't know about here in the states but there is a dude just a couple days ago in Germany that won his individual lawsuit and got the full purchase price back on his TDI. Germany doesn't allow class action lawsuits so he had to go at it alone. I think I found the story via google and hit news.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
I have a co worker with a beetle, she was bummed when the wife and I were filling our paperwork for the Jetta and Passat. Her husband just bought a gas Grand Cherokee and she was bummed again as we were discussing out Touareg and the 3.0 fix/pay off.

The "scandal" has been our financial highlight of 2016/2017!