Disable MKIV Alarm

prothe

TDI
99 Golf
Can the Alarm system in the MKIV's be disabled? The question has been asked many times, but the post ALWAYS gets hijacked by people trying to fix the alledged problem with the alarm.

I don't want to fix an alarm problem. I want to know if the alarm can be disabled. Some MKIV's are over 10 years old, and disabling the alarm should become a very popular mod.

Please don't hijack this post by trying to fix an alarm problem. Does anyone know if the alarm can be properly bipassed, while keeping the keyless entry option?

JettaTdiSport

TDI
2004 Jetta Tdi Sport
you can lock the doors from the switch on the passenger door and the alarm won't activate. I know that's not what you're looking for but it'll work until you find out how to remove the alarm totally.

prothe

TDI
99 Golf
That is an interesting point. If you don't want to use the alarm, don't arm it! And if there is a way to lock and unlock the doors without setting the alarm, then the alarm has been essentially disabled.

JettaTdiSport

TDI
2004 Jetta Tdi Sport
We had to use this method on our '04 when the taillight leaked and shorted the trunk latch and set off the alarm at random intervals (usually during sleepy time). It's a small hassle to get out of the car, walk around and open the passenger door just to lock it without the alarm. There has to be a Guru on here that knows how the alarm system works and could point in the right direction to disabling it.

Is there a valet switch or function on these cars?

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
can the alarm system in the mkiv's be disabled? the question has been asked many times, but the post always gets hijacked by people trying to fix the alledged problem with the alarm.

i don't want to fix an alarm problem. i want to know if the alarm can be disabled. Some mkiv's are over 10 years old, and disabling the alarm should become a very popular mod.

please don't hijack this post by trying to fix an alarm problem. does anyone know if the alarm can be properly bipassed, while keeping the keyless entry option?
rotflmao!

SheeB

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Manual
Hehe, something he could sell on Ebay ofcourse! If he has "many" people asking about it...