Dipstick "shaft" broke!!!

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
The piece of orange plastic that houses the dipstick snapped in two while I was changing the oil filter today!!! I uttered BO**OX rather loudly then had a cunning plan. It seemed as though it had been leaking for some time onto the engine bay but not making it any further onto the floor. I discarded what was left of the housing and filled the hole with some old odor eaters I found. Adapt and overcome. Wifes gone to work in it now and all seems fine. We'll see I guess. Anybody elses dipstick housing broke?? It's the original VW part. And I guess I just order a new one direct from stealership??

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
beachkokopelli said:
The piece of orange plastic that houses the dipstick snapped in two while I was changing the oil filter today!!! I uttered BO**OX rather loudly then had a cunning plan. It seemed as though it had been leaking for some time onto the engine bay but not making it any further onto the floor. I discarded what was left of the housing and filled the hole with some old odor eaters I found. Adapt and overcome. Wifes gone to work in it now and all seems fine. We'll see I guess. Anybody elses dipstick housing broke?? It's the original VW part. And I guess I just order a new one direct from stealership??
You are not that far from www.worldimpex.com (Cockeysville MD), call them or order it from their website. It will probably be cheaper than the dealer, even with shipping. And while you are at it, stock up on filters and oil ;)