Dinner with MOGolf in Baltimore Saturday!

strretch

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Hey all,

Sorry for the late notice, but MOGolf is kind enough to grace us Marylanders with his presence this Saturday for dinner. As it's late notice, I'd like to go ahead and choose the place and time and hope people will join us. We will be at

Al Pacino Egyptian Pizza in Belvedere Square
542 E. Belvedere Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21212
7:00 pm, Saturday, Jan. 3

Yahoo Maps link for the location

There are street and lot parking options around in that area, right near the Senator Theater.

Please post if you think you'll come, as I'd like to get a head count for when we ask for a table. I hope folks can join in!

Brian

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
Brian,

The family and I have plans for the day (wife is running/hosting a Pom Pon exhibition in Upper Marlboro ALL DAY!!!).

However, if we do make it out of there on time, we will be coming through B-more at about 7pm...maybe just in time for a nice relaxing dinner. I will call you mid afternoon to let you know whether or not we can make it...even though I said we couldn't in the e-mail I just sent you...silly me!!!

Mikey

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
PeterV needs to start the new year with a GTG. I'll be there.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I'm going to call and make sure they can handle our party. The Return of the King show is at 8:00pm (at the nearby Senator Theatre)and this is a popular place for dinner.

7:00pm may be crowded. I want to make sure we can get a table.

L

PeterV

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
bring the Bus its a diesel perhaps we can borrow some fuel...LoL

strretch

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Great. Peter, it will be nice to see you as always. Lito, thanks for checking with them to make sure they can seat us. I'm hoping the Ravens game will draw people away from Return of the King. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And, I'm still hoping Jerry and Mikey can join us.

saGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Alaska Green ESP [sold] 2012 Chevrolet Volt
I'll try to be there - even if I'm not a 'marylander' /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Walter

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
[ QUOTE ]
bring the Bus its a diesel perhaps we can borrow some fuel...LoL

[/ QUOTE ] Yea fuel for all year for a few of us.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
[ QUOTE ]
I'll try to be there - even if I'm not a 'marylander' /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Walter

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a 'marylander' either, but I intend to be there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

strretch

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Hey guys, thanks for doing dinner tonight. It was great fun and good pizza!

Here are my couple pictures from the evening:

L to R: MOGolf, PeterV, tongsli's wife JoAnn, JoAnn's mom, saGhost, tongsli

L to R: saGhost, tongsli, strretch, MOGolf, PeterV, JoAnn

PeterV

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Great to see the MD crew. Made it home at 0340. Asleep at 0342.....N0 traffic probs at all. Great Pizza.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Peter,

It was great to see you again. Sorry about forgetting the glove box. I never did take the envelope from you /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glen, thanks for coming out. It was really nice having you there for QC and moral support.

Thanks to Brian as well for helping me.

Lito

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
I arrived home about 2230. Rain in varying degrees from I70 mile 66 in Maryland all the way back.

Anyway, Thank you Brian for putting me up for the night and playing tour guide. Lito, thanks for picking up the goods. Mikey and Walter it was a pleasure meeting you too. PeterV, as we said on Saturday night we've got to meet in all the other states that begin with 'M'...MA, ME, and MT. Then we can start on another letter. How about 'O'? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

strretch

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Glen, I'm glad you made it back safely. Thanks very much for coming out to work with us! I think Lito, Mikey, and I all learned a lot watching you at work. Hope you can make it out here again soon.

-Brian

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
Glen,

Thanks again for everything. I hope I wasn't in your way. I was amazed to see how quicky you worked and how well you exectuted the repair/replace procedure!!! Your parts will be in the mail as soon as I get them.

Brian and Lito -
I hope you two had fun and everything worked out with your car Lito. Thanks again for making it a fun and exciting day.

Sorry I couldn't have the bunny running for a quick spin around the block....IT WILL HAPPEN SOON!!!!

Mikey

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Glen,
Sorry I missed you and the local guys. I was busy with family things all weekend I just didn't really have time to come.I need a GTG roadtrip bad though so whenever I will jump out on the road.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
That's ok tomo, it was a short notice, spur of the moment thing. Perhaps next time we'll plan it more in advance.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
Well, that'll teach me not to check the GTG forum every day... I even gave the Sprinter a day off and was driving the Golf that day /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Seriously, I gotta keep up on this end of the forum.

I can't wait until the house is finished and I can host a little GTG. I just finished the ceiling throughout, and am installing recessed lighting. There's something they call "septic system" that still needs to get done... sounds sh!tty to me! /images/graemlins/grin.gif