Dim instrument cluster mk5 2004

danilothd

TDI
T4 converted 1.9 TDI 1Z
Hi guy's on my wife's golf mk5 2004 1.9 ydi 77kw the instrument cluster lights are very dim. Clock and odo red lights are ok and all the cabin lights are ok but spedo,rpm,fuel and temp lights (blue) are so dim that you have to look a litle bit untill yo see where the pointer is... i changed dimer switch and light swich and nothing change.. is there anything specific to golf mk5 cluster as i can't find anything on the web except the guy on YouTube that is changing all led lights in the cluster from blue to white...

danilothd

TDI
T4 converted 1.9 TDI 1Z
Anybody here???
I mesure voltege at the leds and it is 3.3V is it normal.. it seems to me that it is too low..

danilothd

TDI
T4 converted 1.9 TDI 1Z
Ok guys. As it seems that nobody have similar problem I decide to change LEDs in the cluster. I ordered white LEDs because i don't like blue colour on the cluster anyway so my idea was that I will at least change the collor. There is 14 LEDs in the cluster in total. I change one by one slowly and it took me an hour. Diference is massive. First of all cluster is now suuuuuuper bright so i have to dim it down half way. And white color looks ten times better than blue.

danilothd

TDI
T4 converted 1.9 TDI 1Z

In reality it is white but from the phone it looks like blueish.
Anyway it looks much better and more modern...