Different versions of 1.9 TDI engine

GolfComfort

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf IV Variant powerdiesel
VW has done an excellent job confusing me on this matter. I have understood that the 90hp and 110hp versions have different bore/stroke/piston etc. and the 115pd is of course again different.
But there seems to be even more versions. The 90hp version in my Golf IV has a version that wasn´t in any other tdi´s earlier? So different than what was on the Passat´s earlier? And the engines in Seat and Skoda are again different?
Then there are these new 100, 130 and 150hp PD-engines.
So does someone have the facts about this nonsense? How many different versions? What are the differences? Which cars are they used in?
Help me get some sleep again!

diesel des

Veteran Member
The old A3 90 tdi and 110 tdi where the same other than difrent turbo + manifolds, fuel pump, ECU and injectors. The new A4 tdi 90 and 110 are the same but I think the injectors and ECU is the only diffrence.

Then came the PD which I know less about. The the 130 and 150 may be the same/similar, but I am not sure.

sprattyken

Veteran Member
TDI
Volvo V70 D5 Auto
The PD 1.9 comes in 100, 115, 130, 150 power units. There is even talk of a 175!! Same displacement I think, all turbo size and electronics.

Matt

arktiaxs

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sprattyken:
The PD 1.9 comes in 100, 115, 130, 150 power units. There is even talk of a 175!! Same displacement I think, all turbo size and electronics.

Matt
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is also a 90 Hp - version of the 1.9 TDI PD.
They put it in the VW Sharan, Ford Galaxy, Seat Alhambra.
It has 90 Hp and 240 Nm with 6-speed tranny.

check http://forums.tdiclub.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004860
with links to VW

Diesel-Bear

Veteran Member
This is Extremely interesting to those who chip tune...

Does this mean that the interior of the 115 Pd-engines is the same as the new 150 Hp? This would more than suggest a trip to the tuning shop for anyone who still have stock PDs.

JimBob

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Golf Variant 1,9 PD 100hp, 2003, silver
Confused, yes!

I have A4 TDI, but the turbo is'nt VNT it's GT15.

So that's a definitely different from 110hp model. It's a VNT.

So the turbo is different, but what else?

bugsbug

TDI
1.9 TDI beatle 05
How do you figure out which code your 1.9 tdi is?

Mine is marked on the head ..(.BEW) will this identify my specific motor, HP. Torque, an specific cam , kits etc? Trying to identify my horse power to. Same thread issue.