Difference between inner CV joints (100mm)?

Figit090

Veteran Member
TDI
Lifted Unicorn! '03 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon, 5spd, Candy White, Black leather.
While looking at part numbers I was trying to figure out how the left and right inner CV rebuild kits are different.

Is it because of the type of grease included (high temp for turbo side)? I saw some people reverse them to get more use out of them, and one vendor I checked only has one side available, while another vendor has both. Just wondering how they're different.

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
While looking at part numbers I was trying to figure out how the left and right inner CV rebuild kits are different.

Is it because of the type of grease included (high temp for turbo side)? I saw some people reverse them to get more use out of them, and one vendor I checked only has one side available, while another vendor has both. Just wondering how they're different.
the joint itself is the same, but the boot is not. The smaller side is different between the left and right CV axle.

Figit090

Veteran Member
TDI
Lifted Unicorn! '03 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon, 5spd, Candy White, Black leather.
the joint itself is the same, but the boot is not. The smaller side is different between the left and right CV axle.
Ah yes thank you! I was paying so much attention to the bearing I forgot the boot. 🙄 I appreciate it!