Dieselpower04's Golf TDI build thread

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
How close is your Scangauge to a figure calculated off your odometer? In any case you are getting stellar mileage. My last tank ran 43. something but my driving style tends to a heavy foot. Are these figures from long highway miles? Also, I believe that a number of both Colt & Frank06 customers are reporting a bump in mileage. I't hard to really know & each case is a little different. I'm thankful that my stock cam is holding up well. Blackstone says they are impressed with how well it's wearing & to keep running this oil. 21,000 & counting. I still want to try an after market profile. I'll look at what's available at timing belt time.
Filled up tonight, SG was admittly a little optimistic, I only did 783 miles on 14.5 gallons, for 54 mpg :roll eyes:

I will finally admit with Frank's cam and Mike's tune, this thing is a mileage monster.

I drive 68 miles from Las Vegas to Mountain Pass, CA one way to work.

I am keeping my routine of Mobil! TDT oil every 10k miles :D

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
Filled up tonight, SG was admittly a little optimistic, I only did 783 miles on 14.5 gallons, for 54 mpg :roll eyes:

I will finally admit with Frank's cam and Mike's tune, this thing is a mileage monster.

I drive 68 miles from Las Vegas to Mountain Pass, CA one way to work.

I am keeping my routine of Mobil! TDT oil every 10k miles :D
I'm quite jealous.
I've been getting around 38mpg :/

lol

Noctix

TDI
Black '00 Beetle
I love everything about your car! Not only the visual aspect, but also the fact that you are pushing those kinds of numbers and still getting 50mpg.

Samstdi04

TDI
2012 Golf w/ tech, 2004 Jetta, 2004 Golf
i also have a 2004 Golf and i was looking at your engine bay picture in post #2 and wondering where you got you turbo inlet pipe and if it would work with a vnt17 ?

Spätzle Burner

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
are you running without an lsd..... I ask b/c I understand the stock diff is delicate, and you may scramble your gears with sheered bolts! I look forward to meeting you and running against your car!

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Looks pretty sharp!

are you running without an lsd..... I ask b/c I understand the stock diff is delicate, and you may scramble your gears with sheered bolts! I look forward to meeting you and running against your car!
No LSD. If I can ever get an 02M TDI 6 speed that will have an LSD in it :cool:

The BFI Stage 1 mounts eliminated all wheel hop, it just spins easily now :p

Spätzle Burner

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS

No LSD. If I can ever get an 02M TDI 6 speed that will have an LSD in it :cool:

The BFI Stage 1 mounts eliminated all wheel hop, it just spins easily now :p
I was thinking of doing the dog bone, stage 1 is enough, it sounds like. And, DUDE, get the om2, I did not realize how badly i NEEDED 6th and the secure feeling of a heartier transmission.. The clutch is pricy though, for what you need.

And your golf looks really good slammed!

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
I was thinking of doing the dog bone, stage 1 is enough, it sounds like. And, DUDE, get the om2, I did not realize how badly i NEEDED 6th and the secure feeling of a heartier transmission.. The clutch is pricy though, for what you need.

And your golf looks really good slammed!
Yeah stage 1 is good enough. I would prob do all OEM over again if I had the choice.

O2M would be good!! Someday, whenever the little one isn't draining my wallet :rolleyes:

And thanks, I love the slammage :D

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
What material did you go with? I am trying to match the factory black in color and pattern.