Exactly my point.The status of the fix should be irrelevant, for two reasons ....
1) Its proving very hard for them to come up with a fix especially for 09-13 or whenever they went back to urea injection. I read it as, there will not be one ...
2) Vast majority of people in the US chose the buyback
Congratulations VW! You no longer disappoint your customers.
F@ck VW. I've gone from buying a traded-in TDI, to a gas Sportswagen, to anything not made by VW.
Right now I would take a sh!t brown 1982 Lada as an exchange.`
Ok deep breath - it's just a car, it's just a car.
And some of the blame has to go with those objecting to the settlement down here in the US. Now the judge has to look those over and that will take another week. 25 Oct is now the date for the settlement in the US.Is it really VW's fault this is dragging on or the lawyers arguing with them?
It's in VW's interest to drag it out, and since Transport Canada / Environment Canada are relatively spineless compared to EPA and various other branches of the US government, Transport Canada / Environment Canada has essentially allowed VW in Canada to delay this until after the US settlement.Is it really VW's fault this is dragging on or the lawyers arguing with them?
The speculation is that Canadian "trade in" values will be higher than in the US, which makes sense because we pay more, and hence the gag order.Has anyone ever found out why the Ontario and Quebec governments placed a gag order on this?
In the US everything was out in the open and here....it's like we're in a communist country and the government has decided (for our own good) that we shouldn't know what's going on! Why?
Re TDI Canada Facebook: glad it's Graeme aka Bahamut. Hehe, looks like a hornets nest. Good job buddy!
It's tough because everyone has their own opinion about the situation and a lot of people are really frustrated with VW. We have tried to at least remove posts trying to sell or buy stuff and delete comments that are attacking other people. Some cases banning people. Our main goal with the Facebook group was to help keep people informed and answer any questions they might have about the scandal which I think we have accomplished. We honestly didn't expect the group to get so huge. Some days it gets crazy moderating and adding new people to the group (like yesterday). But it's worth it.My gawd...I had to leave that group as even with my FB notifications turned off, stuff was getting through.
First there would be some one angrily posting saying they want to set up a protest barrel fire at a dealership.
Next post..."hey guys...anyone selling some good used tires?"
I pity the admins
There are those rumors....and then there are rumors that they need more time to do a complete 180....so it really could go either way. I cant wait for that day...regardless of the outcome...at least we'll know where we stand and what to do.Apparently Boudreau Law emailed the group of people that they represent (they are part of the consortium) and in that email it said that significant progress was made towards a fair and just outcome to the class action. They (the consortium) asked to request another few weeks of patience and they anticipate an end in sight.
So there's that....
That's just IT, we don't know anything about a potential fix since they have not been able to make one that passes muster.I like my TDI and I will keep it unless they offer me enough money to buy a '15 TDI. No one has even asked "what if I don't want a fix can I just carry on like nothing has happened?" in Ontario a new car doesn't need an etest for 7 years after it's model year. Our TDI's will pass a current etest anyhow. Are they going to change the laws to apply to only a very small number of consumers?
Situation normal.Hi guys,
I registered to the vw email list with my vin number, but I haven't heard anything since then.
Probably ... with 19 different lawyer firms involved ... yeah. I hope that the judge will order VW to pay their shares, not taking it on the consumers.These delays are strictly for the lawyers to line their pockets.
Well what else is there as an option? If they don't know how to fix it, the government will either close their eye on those cars or make you to take it off the road (no emission test pass no sticker). There's no other route to take ... well there's, make you take the deal, but you will refuse and litigate? Probably not go that far ... unless you have nothing better to do.No one has even asked "what if I don't want a fix can I just carry on like nothing has happened?" in Ontario a new car doesn't need an etest for 7 years after it's model year.