Diesel purge the A5?

cody

Veteran Member
We put 192K on our 00 Jetta. At every fuel filter change I would run a can of Diesel Purge through it. After I could tell a difference in runnning smoothness and "pep". I haven't heard anyone mention the product. I know enough about these cars to be dangerous. Would the difference between a PD and the A4 injector pump be the difference or do people just not have enough miles yet to be bothering with it?

Hurst89

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Pkg 0 5spd TDI
I used to run the grey powerservice in every tank (could really tell a difference in turbo lag with it) since it doesn't get too cold in the winter to need to worry about anti-gel (normally not below 30). I have recently (this is my first tank) switched to Stanadyne fuel addative because it is the only one VW has ever endorsed (though, I don't think that they have endorsed it for PDs, but I may be wrong). It has performed about the same and the cost is about the same and actually, teh diesel repair shop is closer to my school than the walmart...so why not. Mine is a 2005.5 MKV TDI. I also do it to keep everythink clean and the injectors lubricated (I don't trust oil companies lol), and to help reduce soot and hopefully keep the EGR clean (not sure if it will work, but I can always hope).

Hurst