Diesel price...

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
$1.82 at some local name brand stations. But i heard that cherry flavoured diesel is down a few cents.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Thank the carbon tax that came into effect. Prices aren't going to be going down any time soon.
Yes Sir, 218.9/L on most stations in my area now (no typo). It's Spring when prices usually go down, but this time they actually went up by ~20-25 cents/L this week alone... :oops::rolleyes:o_O. I filled up on Monday at Centex for 192.9/L.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Jumped 50 cents overnight here. Most stations are now at $5.15/gallon US.

Leafsfan

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Wagon TDI Highline 6MT, Pure White
Yes Sir, 218.9/L on most stations in my area now (no typo). It's Spring when prices usually go down, but this time they actually went up by ~20-25 cents/L this week alone... :oops::rolleyes:o_O. I filled up on Monday at Centex for 192.9/L.
$219.9/L here in Kingston. Gas is $176.9/L absolute BS that this difference is so vast. Even in the US the spread between diesel and gas isn't nearly as big. Been driving TDIs for 20 years. For the first time I believe that it would be cheaper to drive a gasser VW, even with the difference in fuel efficiency.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Now imagine what it costs a big rig to fill up as it delivers our groceries to stores. I don't think a bag of milk is going to remain the same price for very much longer.

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Th
$219.9/L here in Kingston. Gas is $176.9/L absolute BS that this difference is so vast. Even in the US the spread between diesel and gas isn't nearly as big. Been driving TDIs for 20 years. For the first time I believe that it would be cheaper to drive a gasser VW, even with the difference in fuel efficiency.
This has likely been the case for a few years now, even when the spread wasn't as big, if you factor in the premium you paid to buy a tdi. My 02 that I just scrapped cost me about 0.066 cents per km, over 48000km, my 03 that I had years back was around 0.059 over 125000km, and my 05 civic si was 0.072 cents per km over 32000km, all this within the last 10 years... 1.5 cents a km over 100000km is 1500 bucks, not a whole lot over several years

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
It was 215.3/L north of Guelph. $100 got me like 48L or something in my f350. I love how diesel cost less to refine yet we are paying more then gasoline. I was going to buy a atv this summer, but I might actually buy a enduro instead so I can use it to commute and play on the trails.

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
247.9 at my local Petro Canada... Rug was 184.9, at these prices, passenger diesels are dead, not they weren't already being phased out for years anyways

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
Heard on the radio that prices are going up again tonight, so as much as it hurts it might be a good idea to fill up. Also they were talking about the increase in gas theft at the pumps, people fill their vehicles and taking off without paying. They mentioned allot of stations will be switching to pre-paid like they do in the States.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
i filled my bus earlier this year before prices went up. I've started pumping it out of the bus for now since it has 500L on board....I should be able to make it until things settle back down, otherwise it's really gonna hurt to refill the bus next spring when I want to go somewhere!

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
i filled my bus earlier this year before prices went up. I've started pumping it out of the bus for now since it has 500L on board....I should be able to make it until things settle back down, otherwise it's really gonna hurt to refill the bus next spring when I want to go somewhere!
I don't think things are going to settle back down to what prices used to be... will prices taper off, yes, will we ever see 1 dollar a liter? Extremely unlikely.. I think if we see prices back to 1.30-1.40, we should be happy

Speedmaster_102

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI
anyone know where i can sourced dyed diesel outside of waterloo region? for my lawn mower...
There's a dyed diesel station just outside of Hamilton that I drive pass daily.

A friend is so damn tempted to use dyed diesel, but this friend is still on the dieselgate warranty. If they use dyed diesel, how do they clean the dye out of the fuel system?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
If they use dyed diesel, how do they clean the dye out of the fuel system?
What I was told years back was that it took several 100 gallons of fuel to clean out the dye. If you're running a commercial vehicle and are caught with dyed fuel in NC, they'll look at your reported mileage and fine you the current tax rate based on a minimum of two years mileage.