Diesel price...

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
I bought a second vehicle and only use my truck to tow my trailer, no more daily driving. The savings in fuel has paid for my $2k toyota corolla x3 over.

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
That's area specific. The official price on a city scale In Toronto according to the gas wizard should now be 198.9 as of tomorrow.

What retailers choose to sell diesel at is a different story. Last week diesel was 1.909 in the area near where I live and when I passed by a few gas stations in Bolton, the price ranged from 204.9 to 220.9 a liter. Not sure how retailers are choosing to set their prices nowadays, because I have not seen any consistency lately versus what the official price is... Before diesel spiked this year, prices were more constant with certain areas selling for cheaper, but now I suppose given the volatility of diesel prices, i'm not surprised prices are all over the place

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Ugh thats brutal, I wonder why the random spike when gas is going down
Gas is going up but a lot less then diesel. There were a few local Alberta articles in the last few days suggesting a continuous strong demand for diesel. The economist in that article said he expects diesel to jump to 2.40, in Alberta, where its currently 1.80...so just imagine what it'll be in Ontario if that comes true. I still don't quite understand where the demand is so high, but what can we do...

Reactions: Ton

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
our logistics person gave some details on the North American supply issue last Monday. Current inventories are running around 12 days of supply. That's 12 days of supply if all refineries were taken off line at once. Typical diesel supply averages between 15 and 20 days. Farming and school traffic have the largest effects on the swings. reading between the lines of his comments, we're all getting hosed by big oil.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I was shocked at the spread in Calgary (visiting for the holidays) - $1.209 for RUG vs. $1.799 for diesel.
Back home (Vancouver Island), diesel is about the same, but RUG isn't that far away - $1.519.

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
I was shocked at the spread in Calgary (visiting for the holidays) - $1.209 for RUG vs. $1.799 for diesel.
Back home (Vancouver Island), diesel is about the same, but RUG isn't that far away - $1.519.
Still worse in Ontario, local station I usually fill up at was 1.379 for RUG vs 2.059 for diesel today...

TDIGAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
Current: 2003 Jetta GLS Grey 5 spd. Previous: 2003 Jetta GLS Silver 5 spd (lost in a collision)
It's that time of year again...
My end of year chart and data for 2022 of diesel price versus gas price at the location of my fill-ups.

10 fill-ups, 7182 km driven, total fuel used 385 liters, cost for fuel $733.
That results in fuel economy of 5.37 l/100kms and fuel cost to drive 100km of $10.20
Diesel average price (at the time of my fill-ups) for 2022 has increased to 191.6 cents per liter, up from 124.6 in 2021.
Gasoline average price (at the time of fill-up) for 2022 has also increased to 161.3 cents per liter, up from 129.1 in 2021.
Most fill-ups in Eastern Ontario.
Oh BTW, for what it's worth. I'm really happy that I no longer commute 40,000 km a year.