Diesel Drag Racing National Championship, Pacific Raceways - Sept.15, 2007

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
September 15th is the NHRDA National Championship race at Pacific Raceways in Kent. I'm in the running to get the Championship, I need only ten more points than the current points leader and that means just one round of eliminations. I really think I can do it, but it would be awesome if I could have some TDI love there to support me!

I've been tied for first most of this race season, but lost it in Boise. Now I'm in second and hate it!:mad: Please come out to see me race the trucks and cheer me on. If I win the championship, it would be the first time a TDI ever took the title of NHRDA Champion. And, the first time a girl ever took the title.

Mark your calendars for September 15, 2007 :D

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
Good luck jetta-girl. Keep up the good work, we're all counting on you to show the community what TDI's are all about. Little off the beaten track, but if I can make it I'll let you know.

David K.

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
Again, we will be there with our Jetta-Girl support flags.......haha.......(YOU GO GIRLFRIEND)

Actually we will come race our car and camp out........Can't wait :D:cool:

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
I upgraded it. Not enough boost for me, especially for the amount of fueling we are running........:)

Last edited:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Hey David,
You wanna come out to Seattle to *hopefully* see the first TDI to claim the NHRDA National Champion title? :D

What happened to your porcupine avitar?;)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Thanks, Leigh-Anne, I do need all the luck I can get.:D

I just wish you guys were able to make it down for this... Maybe next year?:)

Two more weeks, and I already have butterflies in my stomach:eek:

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
Sarah, I wish we could come but we just had the clutch go on the powerstroke.

Looks like our play money for that weekend is gone........:(

I wish you luck.......:cool:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
No way!!! Then who is going to be the other part of "Team Girl Power"?:(

I understand, but I think Michaela is going to be pissed when she finds out Dakota isn't going to be there. LOL

We will miss ya!:)

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
I know we are so popular......j/k :rolleyes:

We will come down soon and pick up that hitch extension from Mike soon......

We will be cheering for you anyways!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Kick some boy @ss!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
jetta-girl said:
No way!!! Then who is going to be the other part of "Team Girl Power"?:(

I understand, but I think Michaela is going to be pissed when she finds out Dakota isn't going to be there. LOL

We will miss ya!:)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Wyatt Earp said:
Some of us "boys" liked to get kicked in the arse! Smokem out!

Cheers
Why don't you come down for the day? It would be great to meet you:)

And I'm sure that all the boys would love to talk "diesel" with you... You work on trucks, too, right?:D

Wyatt Earp

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI
jetta-girl said:
Why don't you come down for the day? It would be great to meet you:)

And I'm sure that all the boys would love to talk "diesel" with you... You work on trucks, too, right?:D
Diesel talk, ya, I could talk for hours on that one - just ask the wife. Trucks are easier to work on because the parts are bigger! but the tdi is a good little set up. If I had the money I'd want to throw a set of twins on a 1.9L and see what kind of numbers you could throw down - add a tuner and some water/meth and I could see low 11's if you could keep the wheels planted. Being that I don't have the money, I'm dreaming I think - I'm sure there is enough room under there though.:eek:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
drkblujetta said:
Darn, I wanted to meet BCT & co. ~lol ;)
Just come down for the day...even though it's a long trip for ya. But, it's worth it just to meet those funny boys!;)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Wyatt Earp said:
Diesel talk, ya, I could talk for hours on that one - just ask the wife. Trucks are easier to work on because the parts are bigger! but the tdi is a good little set up. If I had the money I'd want to throw a set of twins on a 1.9L and see what kind of numbers you could throw down - add a tuner and some water/meth and I could see low 11's if you could keep the wheels planted. Being that I don't have the money, I'm dreaming I think - I'm sure there is enough room under there though.:eek:
The guys I race with have spent hours with me figuring out how to fit some twins in that small engine bay. If you have any ideas, please let me know, I think it would be cool, especially if there is a way to keep the boost up between shifts.:D I've also been trying to figure out a way to get nitrous set up on my car in a way that I can still be consistant...but with my car being a stick shift, there are too many variables. I think it would be so cool to stage next to one of the trucks and bleed the nitrous lines... Psh Psh:eek: That would totally throw them off their game...LOL

I think I'll be trading in my car in the next year or so to get one of the CR TDI's. Way more modifiable. And probably cheaper to modify than my PD, do you think?

Anyone want to buy a 2006 Jetta? It's been babied and has low miles. ;) :cool:

LOL

Wyatt Earp

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI
I think it would be reasonably easy to install a set of twins on a TDI. It is transverse mounted and there is loads of room between the charger and the firewall. You'd have to consider torque rattle (don't want to bump the wall!) but if we could find a set of matched chargers for that kind of low boost application (under 50 psi), build the piping out of flex tubing or even psi rated heater hose similar to that of the stock IC piping, use real boots and clamps it should work.

We would need to look at gauges for sure. Like any real TWIN system you will need 3 boost gauges. 1 after the first Turbo, 1 after the second and 1 after the IC. I don't think you'd be able to get beyond 60 psi in a 1.9L but maybe you could? Then we'd need to consider a real intercooler - probably have to modify a BD unit to fit but the width might be too much for a FMIC. Then gut the EGR, port the manifold, headstuds, cam and lastly I think we'd have to consider an AWL transmission to keep the power to the ground because the torque steer would be out of this world.:cool:

My guess is that a 1.9L TDI with TWINS would move 38 to 48 pounds of boost max, would see 350 ish HP at the wheels (yes I'm serious):eek: and around 650 to 750 pound feet of torque. Sure, the stock tranny would not match this and we'd need to talk with Southbend to make a clutch that would handle that power as well as fit inside but I really think it is doable.

Of course, fueling would be an issue and injection, timing and fuel delivery would be a major consideration. Could probably modify a small FASS unit to deliver the fuel to the injection pump and you would want at least stage 3 injectors in the block for an increase of around 80 to 90 HP for sure.

Lastly, we'd need add a BIG FAT Arrowsmith Diesel Performance decal to the car for a HUGE power increase, 'cause everyone knows that each decal is good for like 5 HP dude!:D :eek:

My thoughts on the CR version would be to stay away. CR trucks are problematic when it comes to add-ons especially when you start advancing the timing and increasing the rail pressure. Not sure what the rail pressure is in the new CR TDI but say the Dodge is around 27,000 and when it gets up over 30,000 psi things start to act really funny. The PD is likely the go between version but a 2003 (like my car, a normal TDI) would probably be the best bang (no pun intended) for this task.:)

jetta-girl said:
The guys I race with have spent hours with me figuring out how to fit some twins in that small engine bay. If you have any ideas, please let me know, I think it would be cool, especially if there is a way to keep the boost up between shifts.:D I've also been trying to figure out a way to get nitrous set up on my car in a way that I can still be consistant...but with my car being a stick shift, there are too many variables. I think it would be so cool to stage next to one of the trucks and bleed the nitrous lines... Psh Psh:eek: That would totally throw them off their game...LOL

I think I'll be trading in my car in the next year or so to get one of the CR TDI's. Way more modifiable. And probably cheaper to modify than my PD, do you think?

Anyone want to buy a 2006 Jetta? It's been babied and has low miles. ;) :cool:

LOL

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
Have been thinking about both those items you listed ;)

Maybe for next race season :eek:;);)
jetta-girl said:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Hey Sarah, have you given any thought to a boost valve? It should control any boost spikes and may even allow you to dial up your TPC without any fear of over-boosting your turbo. Might allow for better spool up at low rpms.

Good luck with the race! Hope you manage to do well! Sorry I can't make it down there but maybe next year I'll be able to make a few more events.

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
BUMP FOR SARAH!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:cool::cool::cool:

I know your gettin' butterflies in your stomach..........lol

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
drkblujetta said:
BUMP FOR SARAH!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:cool::cool::cool:

I know your gettin' butterflies in your stomach..........lol
Ya, I'm pretty nervous... Lot of people coming out to watch, and there is going to be some pretty tough competition.

We are leaving this afternoon, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Wish you guys could make it down:)

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
Trust me, I wish we could be there.......

Are you going to the goat ranch Sept 29? :p;)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
lildevildee said:
Update please! :)
Sorry I didn't give the update sooner, I've been crazy-busy...;)

Well, the track was chaotic! The tower staff and the staging staff were having a major war with each other, and when our ladders came out (the ladders show who we line up against according to our qualifying rounds) the staging staff threw that out and started re-laddering us differently. This is a major violation per NHRA rules.:eek: But we rolled with it. I was lined up against a dude who has been racing longer than I've been alive, and I lost the first round by 4/1000's of a second. :( So close, but so far away...;) The two guys that I was in the running with for the Championship title got lined up with first-time racers. So, long story short, I ended up with third place overall. The two guys in first and second place were going to contest the track's violation regarding the ladders on my behalf, but I didn't want to invest the time. I was so beat by the end of the day. But, it sucks that it happened that way.
So yeah, third place overall, highest ranked stick shift driver, and highest ranked woman. Most importantly, highest ranked TDI in the NHRDA.:D

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
YAY!!!!

Kick @ss!!! ----> :cool::cool::cool:

Now that racing is done, lets GTG and party....hehe
(Are you going to smoke on the mountain?)