jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
drkblujetta said:
YAY!!!!

Kick @ss!!! ----> :cool::cool::cool:

Now that racing is done, lets GTG and party....hehe
(Are you going to smoke on the mountain?)
Yeah, I want to, we'll see. Depends on who all is going. I want to take my TDI! I asked Daryl if I could, and he said sure...You comin'? Would you bring the truck or Jetta? If you guys come, I'm sure we could squeeze it in. Bring Ian too!:D

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
How far away is it from b.c.?

Might have to bring the camper and stay a night.........lol:p:p

Ian is a groupie:D----> Our tdi is smokier than our truck......:rolleyes:

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
In bracket racing is it how well you do against your own time versus how well the person next to you does against their own time? So if you are off by .004 and they are off .006 you win and advance and they dont? So who you are lined up against matters?

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Bracket racing is racing against your dial in time. So you are right in that regard. In my first round, I was .06 second off my dial in. My opponent who won the round was .16 second off his dial in. So, it sounds like I should have won by a long shot, huh? But this is where reaction times come in. I was asleep at the lights.:eek: My reaction time of .22 second really hurt me. His reaction time was about 1/2 mine (I can't find the slip right now, but I remember his reaction time being .1X). So, he left the line closer to the time it was legal to do so than I did. He finished his race .004 second sooner than I did. In otherwords, I gave him a head start and tried to make up for it. Whoever finishes their race first and doesn't red-light or go faster than their dial-in wins. So, if I stayed at the lights for a full second, but ran a perfect race according to my dial-in, I would have still lost since my opponent would have crossed the finish line first. Assuming that they don't break-out. (Go faster than their dial-in).

Does that make sense? I tried to explain it, but sometimes, I just confuse myself. LOL

Last year at Nationals, I lost first round by .003 second. I'm starting to wonder if I'm jinxed...:rolleyes:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI

Here's the finish line photo. You can see how close it was. Look at my rear tires compared to his, but of course, what matters is when the front tires break the beam.
.004 second. Man, that was a painful loss. I don't get paid to be third. Only get paid to come in first or second. Shoot.:eek:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
david_594 said:
Makes more sense. So its the amount your off your dial in + reaction time versus theirs?
Yeah, the time starts as soon as you cross the starting line. The green light means its legal to cross the starting line. So, since I sat there for a 1/4 of a second, I gave my opponent that much of a head start. The green light for the two lanes are staggered to make it so if we both ran a perfect race according to our dial-ins and reaction times, we would cross the line at exactly the same time.
The goal is to get a perfect light (.000 reaction time) and run a perfect ET. I've only had one perfect light and that was last year. Anything lower than .09 is good. Anything lower than .01 is great. My reaction time of .22 sucked. And it cost me the race.:(

SuperChicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg TDI
What frustrated me was I was pulling off .180's in qualifying (all both rounds of it), and on my elimination round I was beaten with a .300 versus a .080 RT (against the same white Ford dually Sarah lost to.)

Unfortunately it takes me a few more races to find my car's groove when qualifying, I wasn't able to choose a good enough dial based on 3 previous rounds. I was actually readjusting my dial right up to the blue line on my 2nd elimination round.

Nobody said bracket racing was easy! :D