DFW dealer service opinions

Victor-Whiskey

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG
Any opinions regarding the best VW dealer for major repair warranty service in DFW are appreciated.
My car is currently a DFW dealer with a bad flywheel diagnosis. The reasons why I don't want the dealer it is at now to do the work are solid and founded but frankly don't have the energy to get into it. For now, I will keep them anonymous.
I have had two other minor issues and I only have 2600 mi. I am fed up with this car already. It's too new to be this much of a headache. A decent dealer service department would help. It's driveable and I can take it somewhere else.

cvairwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB 2004 Audi A8L gasser 1999 A4 Avant gasser
I've used both Lewisville and Autobahn over the years. Lewisville did my TB long before I had much knowledge of the process, but they did do as I insisted and replace everything required, including the TTY bolts. I can't say for sure that everything was done according to the Bently though. The MAF died on them when they were doing a final check with the computer as they were aboiut to deliver it to me. They ate the cost of the replacement and the shop time as they had told me the car was ready for pickup and I had to wait an extra 40 minutes on it.

Autobahn did my first couple of oil changes and some code reads before I got set up for oil changes at home. I tend to use them for dealer type parts or when I'm in a bind and can't wait on shipping a part in. A couple of the service writers are pretty good and personable and have decent knowledge but a few need to be reminded that some people know the cars way better than them.

I haven't used any of the others as I rarely let a dealership do any thing major to any of my vehicles unless it's warranty work, and since I haven't had a new vehicle since 1986......

Victor-Whiskey

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG
hmmm, seems things haven't changed at Lewisville VW. A mechanic there said my car didn't have a dual mass flywheel. He was corrected by the service advisor. One reason I'm not getting work done there.