Delvac 1 in RDU area?

Stevestyle67

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI; 1972 Chevelle (Malibu) Convertible
Where can i find Mobil Delvac 1 in the RDU area. I feel like i've looked everywhere, so does anybody know?

Richard Berg

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
Definitely not carried in any local Wal-Marts or Exxon/Mobil stations. Yes, I've tried the part #s listed in previous threads. Might find it at CAT dealers.

I've always ordered it online. avlube.com will send you a case of 4 + oil analysis kit for $110. I can lend you a gallon if you're running desparately low.

lowboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf; 2002 Jetta; 1998 Dodge Cummins 2500
You might try the local truck stops. I've seen it in several. Don't know what they charge however....

Also I notice that Impex has it on sale now.

schnabba

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GLS 2001 white
Walmart on 70 near brier creek used to carry it. Briefly. Some of the truck stops on I-85 may have it. I have heard the CAT place down across from the fairgrounds has it in the parts department - but I have never personally been there so I cannot confirm that one.

buy it online, have it shipped. You can get a year's supply of stuff - oil, oil filters, air filters, fuel filters, cabin filters, wiper blades - and have them all shipped right to your door. You can even keep them all in the same box they were shipped in - store it until you need it.

I also use avlube for the oil itself.

coho

the cat dealer by the fairgrounds (poole equipment??) carries cat synthetic 5-40 diesel that is reputed to be rebranded (now discontinued) mobil 1 truck and suv. pretty steep, as i recall ~$30 for a gallon jug. o'reilley's in greensboro (not far from I40 if you are going that way) carries the new mobil turbo truck diesel that replaces the mobil 1 truck and suv. $5.99/qt. also had a few leftover bottles of mobil 1 truck and suv when i was there 2 weeks ago @ $5.49/qt. check and see if there is a closer o'reilleys to you than g'boro. i live in graham, so i don't frequently go the raleigh direction.