DelMarVA meet & greet

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons

How sad that all of that liquid gold right next to it can't go into the tank. I still like it anyway.

Sorry to have missed you when we made that trip up there to pick up the 'Benz Jesse. You guys sure have a nice set up there, I'm envious.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
Tom, that looks nice... what's it got in there, a pushrod V8? 2 bbl or 4 bbl carburetor?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
McBrew said:
I'm only messin' with ya Tom! Nice looking car!
No problem Jesse.........A bunch of my "Friends" here have been giving me sh*t since I bought it..........
Been talking to Chris at Langhorne the last few days about going back..........

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
no-blue-screen said:
Hey Tom, nice ride you got there. I like those SSR better than the PT cruiser...it is a sharp looking vehicle.
It is not an SSR.......it is an HHR SS and it is very fast! yet it will get 29 MPG on the Highway and go 14.00 in the Quarter Mile!! and handles as if it is on rails.......
Very different than any TDI!

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
If I did not own a VW and was in the market for another car from the Americas then the Cadillac CTS V or the HHR. Those are my picks. And well in todays economy and the way I put miles on the car it would probable be the HHR - its not starting at $60,000

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
Hey Don, in one of those pics you posted the front of the car is moving alittle faster than the rear as the back is not in focus and the rear is...Hhahaha ZOOOOOooommmmm

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
tomo366 said:
It is not an SSR.......it is an HHR SS and it is very fast! yet it will get 29 MPG on the Highway and go 14.00 in the Quarter Mile!! and handles as if it is on rails.......
Very different than any TDI!
Doh....I stand corrected....HHR. You know what happened...I got the HHR SS confused with SSR....LOL.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
va_reman said:
Hey Don, in one of those pics you posted the front of the car is moving alittle faster than the rear as the back is not in focus and the rear is...Hhahaha ZOOOOOooommmmm
Must be those Sprint 520s! Or High quality ChiCom made Motorolla camera phone.
How do you Like those snowflake rims? Other picture is "winter redi" w/steels and winter radials and half of the taillights changed to smoked, I am waiting for parts (gaskets) to finish it. I need to add A5 pix.

[/IMG]

Last edited:

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
I cant believe i missed this GTG i hope your having another soon, all this chat and read on Fred's and I know nobody from the boards except Oliver. Pm me when the next will be .

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
LiLredTDI said:
I cant believe i missed this GTG i hope your having another soon, all this chat and read on Fred's and I know nobody from the boards except Oliver. Pm me when the next will be .
In Feburary in NoVa. We are trying ever 2 months rotating around the region.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
donDavide said:
In Feburary in NoVa. We are trying ever 2 months rotating around the region.
Lets try to do little sooner if possible... As I have started a new tread for ideas, maybe in Mid to end Jan. More frequency may generate more interest from many others.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The beginning of February sounds good to me... Thai place by my house. Freaking amazing food. :eek:

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
sounds good

VeeDubTDI said:
The beginning of February sounds good to me... Thai place by my house. Freaking amazing food. :eek:
I am down with that. But for and for me 2 months seems good. Some of us were thinking Eastern shore/ Bio plant in April, Impex in May,Do our thing in July, Tdifest September. We can fill in as time goes. Other close events are Waterfest in NJ in July, Valley Forge in early October, and something in OC,Md. (dubfest?) in September/Oct.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
I'd be up for a tour of the bio plant... I'd like to see if they are up to my standards, hehe. We've sold the two highest mileage TDIs in favor of efficient gassers, so we're not making 350 gallons a month like we were a few months ago, but we're still cranking out the bio. Geez... if I ride out to Berlin with you all, I'll probably have to stop for gas along the way. Darned 10 gallon tank! Oh, well... it's fun to fill up for $15... while it lasts.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
McBrew said:
Oh, well... it's fun to fill up for $15... while it lasts.
Sadly, I fear you are correct on this one. Just remember, despite the economy, these are "the good old days" that we will look back on.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I have to check my schedule at work before I can pick a date. Not all of the events for February are booked yet, so I probably won't be able to nail anything down until mid-January.