DelMarVA meet & greet

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
On Edit & to help clarify. The idea is to try to have a rolling Meet & Greet (M&G) every 2 or 3 months for the VA/MD/Delmarva areas. The plan is to have the 1st one in AAco. MD, followed by one in approx. Feb. in NOVA, and then in Berlin, MD for a tour of the Bio plant after the weather warms (scheduled around Impex fest).

The TDI Fest will be in Dulles, VA area on Labor Day Weekend 2009. The Lead Organizers are: Lawson Earl (VeeDubTDI), Deisha Carsner (lildevildee), and Chad Pagels (airwolf). Perhaps we can generate some interest and assist them with their hosting efforts.

The next M&G is will be in NOVA in Mid Feb, 2009. Details to follow.

Last edited:

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
As we discussed I am definatley up for it and maybe Red, Hot und Blue at Old Mill Bottom Road & Rt 50. And I owe you Lunch or Beers for helping me. Thanks again.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
I have a meet that is open to all in Vienna VA on Dec 20 and it is for Toy for Tots! See the earlier post if interested.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
VA reman. Thanks. I missed that thread. My memory was that somenone has hosted an open house in NOVA each year. I had not seen any info on it.

Last year there was meet & greet @ Arundel Mills Mall that someone put together. It had a good turn out.

The location does not matter to much to me. The shore would be fine by me. Do you know a good place.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
This sounds like fun....give me a good excuse to get away from the wife anyway :D

I probably wouldn't be able to make a VA meet, but the shore isn't too far.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
I think they also have B10 at the pump, but nothing is stopping you from custom blending right there. I'll check next time I go by.

And Leo, it's simply the Shore around here. ;)

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
If Ron can find us a place, let's do the shore. Do we try to do it before Christmas, between the holidays, or after New Years?

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
va_reman said:
Are you talking the eastern shore like St. Michaels or Easton?
I'd be happy to arrange something, but it'd have to be a bit further east here in the Berlin/OC area... if all are willing to travel this far. The bonus could be biodiesel, with a possible tour of the local production facility.

Last edited:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
RC said:
I'd be happy to arrange something, but it'd have to be a bit further east here in the Berlin/OC area... if all are willing to travel this far. The bonus could be biodiesel, with a possible tour of the local production facility.
Now that might ba a field trip worth the drive. Any good pubs near the plant? Are others willing to make the drive?

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
Not to divide and conquer but there might not be any harm in planning two meets. One in the OC area as I am interested in Bio"D" and one closer to town. Seperate days of course. Us MD, DC, VA'ers are a larger group in a very large area. Just need to be inadvance so everyone can plan accordingly.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
va_reman said:
Not to divide and conquer but there might not be any harm in planning two meets. One in the OC area as I am interested in Bio"D" and one closer to town. Seperate days of course. Us MD, DC, VA'ers are a larger group in a very large area. Just need to be inadvance so everyone can plan accordingly.
I am down with that. I would really like to do one with nice weather in the park across from USNA. Taylorsville is alot closer to Va than Berlin if you want BioD.

bulabula

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 Jetta; A4 Golf 2-door; Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel
I'm up for a meet nearby AA county.

I'll do an OC/Berlin run when it warms up. Heck, last time I participated in a TDI/bioD gtg to the beach, I don't think RC's house had any floors in it yet.....

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
bulabula said:
I'm up for a meet nearby AA county.

I'll do an OC/Berlin run when it warms up. Heck, last time I participated in a TDI/bioD gtg to the beach, I don't think RC's house had any floors in it yet.....
:eek:

This maybe the way to go.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
Ahhh yes recongize others can be a good thing. In my case as I like to drive alittle faster than most it will give you a chance to yell at me. I must say I never got a speeding ticket, failure to obey a highway, yes but no speeding tickets.