Deliveries on Sept orders

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Trying to get a handle on where I am in line.

Has anyone in this forum who has ordered a Passat TDI in Sept gotten delivery on that car? Specially looking for cars that were ordered by individuals, not cars ordered for dealer stock.

My understanding is that the factory is now kicking out 8000 Passats @month. If around 5000 were ordered in Oct and 700 more for Canada, trying to get a feel for when I can start seeing a car that was ordered in Oct.

Thanks
Ron M

firedwg1

Veteran Member
TDI
10 GSW, 12 Pass SEL, Tesla MS
Ron the dealer can look that up, ask the fleet manager

JustAskin

TDI
2012 TDI Passat SEL (on order)
Trying to get a handle on where I am in line.

Has anyone in this forum who has ordered a Passat TDI in Sept gotten delivery on that car? Specially looking for cars that were ordered by individuals, not cars ordered for dealer stock.

My understanding is that the factory is now kicking out 8000 Passats @month. If around 5000 were ordered in Oct and 700 more for Canada, trying to get a feel for when I can start seeing a car that was ordered in Oct.

Thanks
Ron M
Ordered mine on 9/27/11 & found out this weekend from my dealer that I have a "requested production week" of 11/21/11 which should put me in my car by 12/16/11. My dealer kept saying no news until I went in this weekend and asked to see the status of my order. The dealer can log into the VW portal, enter your commission number and get the current status of your order.

Big Red

Veteran Member
Worth every hour. But realize that enjoying a car is subject to each individuals interests and buying preferences.

I was upgrading from my '96 B4. Looking for a midsized sedan that has good gas mileage and handling and I strongly prefer a manual transmission. Honda can't get in manuals right now and Toyota really has issues IMHO.
Plus I've been very happy with owning two TDI cars ('98 Jetta plus the B4). Both have proven to be long lasting cars.

Therefore, I ordered the car. Now that I have it, I'm very happy, but in some ways there really was no competition for what I was looking to buy.
I wish it had more options available for the manual transmission, but I'm still very happy that I have a mid sized sedan that will easily get mid 40s in gas mileage and will likely last long enough to be the car my daughter drives.

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
OK, just found out that my TDI SEL, which was ordered on 10/14, went into Factory Order Bank yesterday (11/14). Does anyone know the approximate time from Factory Order Bank to delivery?

Heard that there is a push to get as many ordered cars completed before the end of the year. Got to make those end of year numbers look good for the shareholders.

Ron M

jimmygez

TDI
2012 passat tdi sel
i just found out today the my order for my car will not be delivered after the new year ordered 9/22/11 tdi sel i guess i just have to wait it out oh what can i do

Santa2ya

TDI
None
Dealer notified me yesterday that my order has been pushed up & should see delivery by year end.

Crossing fingers. ;)

danielpd

TDI
12 passat TDI SEL
I ordered 9/3/11 and it just started production 11/10/11

I ordered my car 9/3/2011 and the the car just started production on 11/10/2011 dealer said that Your vehicle is on the production line. Should be off and have a VIN any day now. We will have to wait and see.

firstVWtdi

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
September before August?

How are people who ordered in September getting into production already? I ordered mine 8/18 and was told this past week mine would not even begin production until 12/19!! I did not order anything special, unless red is special? I ordered the TDI SEL Premium in Red. I even called VW of America to see if I could get some answers. So how does one go about getting pushed up the line?:confused:

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
allocation

How are people who ordered in September getting into production already? I ordered mine 8/18 and was told this past week mine would not even begin production until 12/19!! I did not order anything special, unless red is special? I ordered the TDI SEL Premium in Red. I even called VW of America to see if I could get some answers. So how does one go about getting pushed up the line?:confused:
Is it possible the ordering dealer did not have allocation in August?

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I am in the same spot with the RED. Ordered on 9/12. Was given production of 11/12, then they changed it to 12/14 with delivery in January.

Looks like they are holding off producing the Opera Red for some reason. There are very few on the lots even in the non TDI version.

So what 8000 are they pumping out? The boring gray pallet that they always love so much?

jimmygez

TDI
2012 passat tdi sel
went to the dealer today still don't have a built date he thinks i will have my car in jan ordered 9/22/11 tdi sel perm tungsten silver black int

Kincora

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Ordered mine first week of Sept and it was delivered first week of Dec. The dealer did mention that some color choices were taking longer. Glad I got mine in the Night Blue exterior, Moonrock Gray interior. I had originally wanted the Opera Red with the gray interior but they didn't offer that combo.

Sparkles

TDI
2012 SEL Premium - 145k miles
went to the dealer today still don't have a built date he thinks i will have my car in jan ordered 9/22/11 tdi sel perm tungsten silver black int
I was given a March delivery date on a TDI SEL Prem that was ordered on 9/16. I wouldn't hold my breath on that January deliver date.

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Post your commission number on Askavwsalesguy's blog site to see if you can get more detail.

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I was given a March delivery date on a TDI SEL Prem that was ordered on 9/16. I wouldn't hold my breath on that January deliver date.
Wait, your in Virginia, ordered in Sept and they are giving you a March delivery date? I have a late Aug order to NJ with a late Jan delivery date. How does this company (VW) process orders :confused:

Santa2ya

TDI
None
Wait, your in Virginia, ordered in Sept and they are giving you a March delivery date? I have a late Aug order to NJ with a late Jan delivery date. How does this company (VW) process orders :confused:

Don't want you to throw a rod but.... I ordered mine on October 3rd. Picked it up on December 27th. Glacier Blue/Cornsilk SEL TDI.

Looks like anybodies guess as to how VW of America is proccessing orders.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
Speculation on my part: They probably batch process by color. That way they can load up the paint robots and let them run. That would minimize switch-over time. So you're likely to get your car sooner if you order a popular color.