Deleted Thread

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
1680687828877.jpeg

... meanwhile, in BEW land....

OK, so yes, you certainly could find a lawyer to go after them. I hope you don't have to depend on a CR TDI to drive every day (glad I don't). These dealers are scumbags, their techs are doing lousy work under the gun of piss-poor warranty pay, and they are constantly trying to weasel out of anything as well as making things up to pad their costs. The original dealer should have repaired your car for $0, no BS and no questions asked.

Of the couple HPFP failures I have repaired, I had no issue doing it and both those cars had no problems afterwards, one of which I know for sure is still on the road 100k+ miles later. It simply isn't that difficult. And that crap with the ECU not taking the new injector coding??? *** is that BS??? And even if it WAS an issue, that would STILL be under the damn warranty anyway!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That BEW is one of my customers. It is in for a running-late 400k PM. It has not required a whole lot. Engine is still all original. One alternator, one clutch, one replacement suspension, one HVAC case, and of course some door latches (getting one this visit) and window regs.

BEWs are found in 2004-2006 Golfs and New Beetles, 2004-2005 Jetta wagons, and 2004-early 2005 Jetta sedans.

My 2000 Golf with the ALH has over 600k (I too drive 100 miles a day).

Youseepooo

TDI
2.0L TDI
That BEW is one of my customers. It is in for a running-late 400k PM. It has not required a whole lot. Engine is still all original. One alternator, one clutch, one replacement suspension, one HVAC case, and of course some door latches (getting one this visit) and window regs.

BEWs are found in 2004-2006 Golfs and New Beetles, 2004-2005 Jetta wagons, and 2004-early 2005 Jetta sedans.

My 2000 Golf with the ALH has over 600k (I too drive 100 miles a day).

I see I definitely did not do enough research about these TDIs, if I did I would’ve tried to get the most reliable one (which is looking like its any other one besides the CKRA 😭😭😭 ; also I have heard a lot of good things about ALH all over Facebook. I’m guessing that’s the most solid one cause it also don’t have any of that emission crap right?)

I know a lot of people swear that once you delete the DPF/EGR and emissions stuff + tune these CKRA or TDIs in general they become more reliable.

I’m just wondering is it worth deleting it at 55k mikes when I replace my engine?

To reiterate my passat body originally has 86k but the new motor I purchased has 55k, my plan will be to have my mechanic remove my original 86k mile motor and replace it with the 55k motor in addition to servicing a new timing/water pump kit as well as fresh oil all at same time. Is there anything else you think I should my mechanic to do?

Since you seem knowledgeable, could you provide me maybe with some kind of checklist that I can do/pass on to my mechanic to look over as he replaces my engine.
Btw I recently serviced the DSG couple months ago when my original motor was 80k miles (6k miles ago) but with the new engine does it need to be serviced again? (Might be a stupid question cause usually the new engine has nothing to do with transmission right?)
Should I keep servicing the DSG every 40k miles regardless the engine I swap in?

Again much appreciated and Thanks for all this information brotha🙏