Delete

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Momo sterring wheel hub, quick disconnect steering wheel that you take with you.
Also 5 speed manual swap
Leave it unlocked
Keep valuables out of it.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Just have good rates on your insurance. No need to tracking anything. It's a waste. If you go to get your car, and any physical anything happens, your at fault for chasing. Cops wont do jack diddly too.
You can do I did, put a quick disconnect on the battery
Must pop the hood and make connection. Or a kill switch somewhere. Make it a 1 minute job to find it. Chances are they will just get frustrated and smash windows instead.

Just up your insurance or swap to a good policy and move on with life.
15 a month is tard level expensive for a car not even worth the cost. Your telling me your going to spend like a grand over 5 years? On something that has happend once? Spending 1/5 the value of a car on a "insurance" that is not actually insurance is imo a dumb thing to do even if you hate money!

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You may need to seek legal advice on installing anything that could cause harm to someone. Having a remote kill switch activated while its anywhere not in your eye sight is negligent and could kill people, not just the thief. that or any other booby trap is considered premeditative and has landed people in deep water and ruin others lives.
I get it, its happened to me, a few times, stolen motorcycle, had my car smashed and grabbed twice, and even my apartment broken into.
No matter how much $ you have on a policy it still hurts deep down inside. I get it, i really do. but take it from me. prepare your insurance to be beneficial to you. I put $300 cash in stash under the dash were i could get to it and left it there, well documented with my policy. a $200 deductible just paid for itself. its 100% legal. i got 3 times what the bike was worth to me because its replacement value. Protect yourself, its just things, just things, things that will be trash to everyone else once your gone!

Stupendous60

Veteran Member
TDI
I think by "kill switch" he means "ignition kill" (I hope). I would find some to erase/reprogram all known keys as well. Are you the original owner or are there other keys out there...Anyway I am glad you got it back.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Right - but if the thief is driving and pulls out to pass on a two-way road, for example, and suddenly the engine is remote-turned-off....someone's going to get hurt. I'm thinking that @Mongler98 is saying you don't want to be the one responsible (if not legally, then just knowing that you caused it) for the family in the minivan that crashed into the thief who thought he could make the pass.
I agree - best to leave it to the cops to plant the bait cars.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If your going to booby trap, ejection seat! Mythbusters did it!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes it's an ignition kill switch or any switch in infact. Who said it had to be a power supply? Could be a switch to permanently sound the horn for attention.There's ways to put the car into limp mode without totally stopping the vehicle dead immediately. Booby traps are illegal, a device designed to cause harm when activated. A kill switch is an immobilizer device set to disable the vehicle when activated regardless of vehicle is in motion or not. Completely legal, also confirmed with police.

Thanks
Yes. Only if the kill switch is wired within the ignition to prevent starting of the vehicle or, like in the case of bait cars, its activated to stop the vehicle if its stationary and running via GPS or if the officer or whoever actually has eyes on it and seems it safe to activate.

berks_tom

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
If prefer the idea of a starter disable switch. Google "Chris Fix kill switch" for instructions to install one. I particularly liked how he hid the switch.

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
Immobilizer on these is difficult (impossible?) to overcome. Were the keys left in it?
Typically they don't need to be left in it. If they are left in a broadcast able location (just inside the front door), the constant signal the key gives off for the KESSY can be boosted. It's generally good practice to keep the keys well away from the front door, or any windows.