Delete kit?

Zander-

TDI
2015 Passat se
Hello there Iam looking into getting a 2015 Passat tdi I hear that rawtek makes a good dpf egr delete kits dose anyone have experience with them are they worth it also I plan on get stage 1 or 2 ecu and day tune any recommendations?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I just ordered a few block off plates. Be advised that you have to either block the EGR cooler at the bottom or the top. There is no valvei blocked it right at the turbo. A good delete exhaust is a grand. Downpipe is 500 alone.

Zander-

TDI
2015 Passat se
I just ordered a few block off plates. Be advised that you have to either block the EGR cooler at the bottom or the top. There is no valvei blocked it right at the turbo. A good delete exhaust is a grand. Downpipe is 500 alone.
Yea the kit Iam looking at is 1200 it’s from rawtek and I hear good things about it

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
It includes the whole exhaust with the kit all I need is a dsg tune and ecu tune
Trans tune is around 400. Add on tool rental of you diy. That's a grand for security deposit. ECU tune is 500 or better. Plus the cost of the tuner. Another 220. It gets expensive pretty quick. You do get 950 back from the trans tuner. I did a stage 2 and dsg tune right away on my jsw. Then saved for an exhaust. Then it was only 100 for an upgrade tune. But this is my third car I had tuned (in a calender year) with Malone. So I got a discount.

Zander-

TDI
2015 Passat se
Trans tune is around 400. Add on tool rental of you diy. That's a grand for security deposit. ECU tune is 500 or better. Plus the cost of the tuner. Another 220. It gets expensive pretty quick. You do get 950 back from the trans tuner. I did a stage 2 and dsg tune right away on my jsw. Then saved for an exhaust. Then it was only 100 for an upgrade tune. But this is my third car I had tuned (in a calender year) with Malone. So I got a discount.
Yea I have looked it all of it well worth it tho but what dsg tune did you go with ?

Zander-

TDI
2015 Passat se

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Yea I have looked it all of it well worth it tho but what dsg tune did you go with ?
I'm Malone tuning. His tunes are safer. Kerma and other tuners push everything to the max. I'd rather have a safer tune. My downpipe is profi diesel. Not the best quality and needed modification. And shipping took forever. But it's good stainless. Wouldn't take much to make one. Have a buddy that would make me an exhaust 300, plus the muffler and cat.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
And fyi. I would at least add a cat. Not for the exhaust smell persae. But to cut the exhaust note. Because the resonance gets annoying. With nothing to muffle it. It's loud outside. I could post a clip of interested. And do not go with 3". 2.5" is plenty until major mods. Aka the stock airbox and exhaust is good for 300.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Also with Malone. When I upgrade the turbo and go stage 3. He only charges the diff between the tune you have and the one your getting, or $100. Whichever is more. I can't say what I was charged. But he's always good. I need to email him because I'm smoking more than I'd like. Maybe it's normal. I have a blend tip which helps with the smoke. But it's more thani think it should be. I still get 42ish mpg. But these motors have to be worked. If you baby them you'll have vane issues.

Zander-

TDI
2015 Passat se
Sorry I haven’t gotten back to been busy but they have a cat option I can go with.
Also I have planned on going with Malone for the tune for the ecu and dsg

Dieselgr8

TDI
2012 jetta sportwagen tdi
Hello there Iam looking into getting a 2015 Passat tdi I hear that rawtek makes a good dpf egr delete kits dose anyone have experience with them are they worth it also I plan on get stage 1 or 2 ecu and day tune any recommendations?
I have the rawtek egr/dpf delete 3inch pipe kit on my jsw tdi. No issues there, definitely go with Malone tuning. They have installers all over the states that will do the tune for you so you don't have to buy or rent any tools to do so yourself. I unfortunately did not use them and i feel like i made a huge mistake. My stage 1 tune dsg/ecu was done at the beginning of may, now my car is consuming oil, only 83,000 miles on it, my turbo is starting to whine/hiss more than usual and the dsg tune didn't rid the problem of downshifting to correct gear when slowing, i.e. still in 5th gear at 25-30mph from 40. So when i accelerate again i roll coal unwillingly which i feel is causing my turbo and oil consumption problems. My two cents, i hope it helps.

Zander-

TDI
2015 Passat se
Sorry late reply but so should I be worried if I go and get my car tuned by then be there is a shop like 2 hrs away that will do it.
Because i really don’t what to worry about my car burnjng oil like that

Dieselgr8

TDI
2012 jetta sportwagen tdi
I wouldn't be worried, Malone is a safe tuning, they don't push the limits as other tuners may. I didn't research enough so that's on me. My car is still fun to drive i just have to check my oil more often!

2011tdirk

TDI
2011 sport wagon tdi
This is the kit I have been looking at

Looking at the same Rawtek kit. I'm doing mine shortly

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Just posting to keep people up to date - EPA cracking down on any modifications that remove emissions devices has come down on another company. This company sells to VW owners as well as the Powerstroke/Duramax/Cummins crowd.

Link to story

Jason