Delete Kit for 2012 Jetta TDI MK6

TDI
2012 JETTA
I'm doing a delete on my Jetta soon, myself, with VERY LITTLE experience. I'm confident I can do it so long as I have a way to lift the car (any advice here would be much appreciated).

Does anyone know of a decent CHEAP'ish delete kit and tune I can buy? I'm kind of strapped for cash, (poor college student, LOL). I've looked online, but I don't want to risk buying the wrong parts...

:) Thanks!!

smelly621

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, 2003 Tacoma
It's a lot of work even for experienced DIYers. I'd want to go with a tried and true vendor to minimize struggles with fitment etc.

Rawtek seems like one of the most popular mfgs. in the US, but last time I checked Darkside was actually cheaper even shipping from the UK - and they have offered excellent support over the years to members on this forum

DevilDogDoc

TDI
2011 Golf
Mine was not a bad install. No instructions at all for the pipe kit and the egr race pipe instructions weren’t great. Fit is ok, could be better but it worked out fine. Finish looks top notch. Is the RT worth 2-300 more than my Darkside? Not a chance..

Bradm

Veteran Member
TDI
02,03,05, Jetta 99.5 Golf
I did mine on drive up ramps, not fun but doable. Rawteks website has instructions or used to. Might want to read through first so you know what your up against and have the proper tools ready

TDI
2012 JETTA
I did mine on drive up ramps, not fun but doable. Rawteks website has instructions or used to. Might want to read through first so you know what your up against and have the proper tools ready
I gotta do what I gotta do... If I have to use drive-up ramps, then I suppose that's what I'll do. I'm glad it's at least doable. Thanks for chiming in :)

TDI
2012 JETTA
Mine was not a bad install. No instructions at all for the pipe kit and the egr race pipe instructions weren’t great. Fit is ok, could be better but it worked out fine. Finish looks top notch. Is the RT worth 2-300 more than my Darkside? Not a chance..
I feel I can do it... Might take me a week from being meticulous, but I'll get it done. LOL

TDI
2012 JETTA
It's a lot of work even for experienced DIYers. I'd want to go with a tried and true vendor to minimize struggles with fitment etc.

Rawtek seems like one of the most popular mfgs. in the US, but last time I checked Darkside was actually cheaper even shipping from the UK - and they have offered excellent support over the years to members on this forum
I can deal with a lot of work... Having someone else do it equals half of what I paid for the car, and that doesn't include the new air intake manifold and lock cylinder it needs. Yikes!

Last edited:

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I can deal with a lot of work... Having someone else do it equals half of what I paid for the car, and that doesn't include the new air intake manifold and lock cylinder it needs. Yikes!
Why the new air intake manifold?

Jr mason

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle, 2012 Jetta
Dark side does just the pipes (no tunes) correct?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The price is quite good on this downpipe. Not sure what the shipping from Europe costs though. And a tune is still needed, obviously. Malone is a popular choice for tunes.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Avoid Stevenson tuning if you aren't into horror stories...

Deleted2012

TDI
2012 Jetta
I just finished doing my Delete last week. Used the Darkside Development delete pipe. And then got a Stage 2 Malone tune. Awesome combination! Definitely worth the work but don't fool yourself, it is work.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Damn, the US $ is strong relative to the GBP and euro right now! That downpipe I linked to above is only $235. Shipping cost probably comparable to Darkside. Good time to buy euro goodies.

DevilDogDoc

TDI
2011 Golf
The price is quite good on this downpipe. Not sure what the shipping from Europe costs though. And a tune is still needed, obviously. Malone is a popular choice for tunes.
Shipping was $65 for me and I had it within a week once it shipped. And my tune was through Malone.