Delayed compensation for emission fix option

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
Got my offer for the emission fix yesterday. But it looks like I have to wait until they get an approved fix, then you get 2/3, then later the other 1/3. If no fix is available until May 2018, you can still opt for buyback. Kind of sucks that you have to wait all this time, risk damage to your vehicle and get no money.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
What makes you think you have to wait? You can choose to allow VW to buy your car back within the next month or two. Or you can sell or trade the car tomorrow if you wish - or set fire to it if you prefer.

You could also choose to ignore VW and continue driving the car until the wheels fall off - or until your state imposes rules on you.

mejpassat

TDI
2015 Passat TDi (NOS), 2014 passat TDI (Buy back), 2001 Tdi Golf (Gifted to Son)
What makes you think you have to wait? You can choose to allow VW to buy your car back within the next month or two. Or you can sell or trade the car tomorrow if you wish - or set fire to it if you prefer.

You could also choose to ignore VW and continue driving the car until the wheels fall off - or until your state imposes rules on you.
If I am reading the settlement correctly, if your state has accepted any of the settlement funds, they can not refuse to register an unfixed car.
VW has paid dearly to allow fixes that will not meet specs as well as allowing people who remove themselves from the class action and don't fix the car to drive them without registration issues.