Dela,Mary,Virgin Meet (ii) = -)

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hello,

I have my eyes on this. I may actually be able to make it, especially if it's later in the afternoon on a Sunday. I normally return to the Arlington Area each Sunday afternoon. I'm not looking forward to Inaugeration weekend... Too much traffic! :(

Scott

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
donDavide said:
It seems that you have missed the joke. Read VeeDub's signature.

There actually quite a few places around the greater DPC that are good for eating, but not parking. (VW did Sportwagen rollout there at Palomar hotel)
No I did not miss the signature but I did miss all the Mercedes that VeeDubs has... = - ) There are great places to eat, expensive great places and parking can go from a couple quarters to $25.00 both places could muck up you car.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
Stealth TDI said:
Hello,

I have my eyes on this. I may actually be able to make it, especially if it's later in the afternoon on a Sunday. I normally return to the Arlington Area each Sunday afternoon. I'm not looking forward to Inaugeration weekend... Too much traffic! :(

Scott
Way to many people! Good for TV

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
donDavide said:
Waldorf can get worked in. Lot's of places to eat and we can do burn out at Southern VW.
YEAH yeehaa I will bring out the old rims with the older tires...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I will be in Michigan for the weekend of inauguration... watching the traffic on TV. *points and laughs* Don't plan on going anywhere for a few days. :eek:

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
05 TDI Passat variant, 03 Dodge 2500 Cummins
i concur...

I was even debating whether or not to take some work off to avoid sitting in the traffic. I think the 25th is still too close for comfort

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Most Government is off for innaugration. I work for DC and we are off. I do not want to be anywhere near downtown DC the 19th or 20th.

Now about this GTG, I dont know any of yall, but rerading this thread is making me dizzy. There seems to be a fella from Waldorf (jackrabbit). Waldorf is actually a pretty easy commute from NOVA, AACO etc. Looking at the sigs from everyone it is actually pretty central kinda sorta in a roundabout way........lol............How about Sun the 10th at pm at HardTimes in Waldorf? I will come out and meet 1 or 10 people, makes no difference to me. The chili is great, they have other things on the menu, including beer:) is reasonably priced, laid back and has plenty of parking.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
LiLredTDI said:
Most Government is off for innaugration. I work for DC and we are off. I do not want to be anywhere near downtown DC the 19th or 20th.
Yep, national capital region federal government employees are off for MLK holiday (19th) and inauguration day (20th). Four day weekend!

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Waldorf works for me. Since I'll be coming up from VA, I can actually get to Waldorf faster than to Arlington. If we stick with Arlington, I know the Ballston Common Mall has affordable off-street parking and plenty of dining options. I think weekend parking is just $1.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I think I have to work on the 10th. :( Have a good time if you all end up doing the Hard Times thing! :cool:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
It was pointed out that the Super Bowl is Feb. 1. Thus, No way.

That leaves the current proposed 1/24 (or 25) or the weekend of 2/7 & 8.

My sense is that the weekend leading up to inauguration will be the busiest. By Sat/Sun, it will probably be just those with flight/lodging considerations who remain. Chances are they will be leaving Sunday AM.

NoVA or Waldorf makes no difference to me. The NoVA idea was in an effort to try to establish stronger ties in this area.

With Impex Fest about the first weekend in May, if we go with the weekend of 1/24-25, there is still time to another in mid March. The idea of a tour of the bio plant in Berlin had been tossed around as the venue for that one. But, Waldorf of Nova could be plugged in for that.

Either way & per our conversations at the 1st gtg, Veedub as this is in your neck of the woods, call it & those of us who can show, will.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Hardtimes Sunday? Anybody, anybody? I honestly think if you just try posting a day and time whomever can attend will. I would like to get to know other local members.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Don........I was reffering to this Sunday. I will attend even if only one person shows. If Jackrabbit does not show, we can move it to AACO that is local for you , me and one other poster.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
LiLredTDI said:
Hey Don........I was reffering to this Sunday. I will attend even if only one person shows. If Jackrabbit does not show, we can move it to AACO that is local for you , me and one other poster.
If we can watch football somewhere.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
I might not be able to attend as I meet with the kids (capitoldubs) on Sunday evenings, church in the morning and family in the afternoon.

broadspring

TDI
2012 Vw passat tdi
would like to join from west md, clear spring

will keep eye open on meet date I am gonna start keepin watch for info, gotta tell you guys always in need of info look here first. All over tdi club searchn window motors/ regulators, check wires , harnes, :) study well on tdi club take unit apart regulator out clean very little and bang works, 1996 passat tdi black w/ leather bought in 97. Only thing I have had longer is wife guess what has been mor trouble/ frustrating.
If all else fails could talk about ravens, you know from delmarva area what? Anyway thanks for tdi and general info

broadspring

TDI
2012 Vw passat tdi
i think i read some of your posts in recent searches of the window regulator/ motors thanks, even though you must b a skins fan love the work and site thanks for the time

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Don't buy used regulators.......They are made of junk pot metal!! and you will find most used ones to be as bad or worse than yours.......
also don't buy the 30 door handles.........

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
aaahhhh yeah football, racing season starts soon, yes. I know I missed my calling in life career wise. Autoracing ofcourse it is not as much fun to watch as it is to be in the lead car. Ok I dont care about football or soccor, or baseball really anything that involves a ball unless it is volleyball. I love to play volleyball and watch womens volleyball, they seem to be wearing more revealing clothing each time I watch. Racing, yeah zoom, zoom!

broadspring

TDI
2012 Vw passat tdi
so did everything took apart cleaned little and worked, lucky, easiest fix seing we r suposed to have bad weathe tue an wed unless I am lied to by peeps in house windw just "fell" down""? I just got done putn things back 2 gether window is slower than others, has been 4 a while, in car but workn. I give kudos to mid atlantic since most replys/post r from east of missisippi.

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
I dont foresee any issues with any of the dates proposed.

If its closer for most folks to meet up in NoVA, that works too. I was just throwing it out there that I have that bio-setup and am more than willing to explain the proccess with some visual aids. There wouldnt be enough time to complete a batch, but the mechanics of it are pretty interesting (lots of chemistry)

I think i mave have been able to rescue the bulk of my batch. The oil had titrated so very low so i had a hard time getting a reading of how much NaOH to use. Apprently i used WAY too much and made a huge vat of soap. Yesterday i applied some slow heat and salt to the batch and the soap seems to be washing out. I hate how the temps arent cooperating since the separation takes longer with lower temps.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
donDavide said:
If we can watch football somewhere.
I will check and see if they have tv's If Davidisionville is a possibility Kilarney haouse is nice and they have a great bartender. oh the food is fantastic also.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Sooooooo....................Please add your name to this posting if anybody will meet in Waldorf this Sunday at 1-2 pm. If it is only AACO people lets do Kilarney house.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Can't make Waldorf this Sunday, sorry. I'll post if anything changes.

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
This Sunday? Sure I can make it

Does any one want me to alert the local (to SoMD) VW crew? There is only one or two other TDI guy I know of, but im sure others would come out

Last edited: