Dela,Mary,Virgin Meet (ii) = -)

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
The Kart racing is set up for both kids and adults. Thursday night specials are three 8 min races for 39.00USD. The name of the place is G force Karts http://www.gforcekarts.com/ . Anyone interested in beating me would be great, Last month I was in the top 50 members when I left for the holidays. The goal is to get into the lower 25% within the month :).

There is also decent food in the area as well.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Been waiting for some input as to the best time & place. So far, the ideas are the Thai place in Arlington, or the CCR. I have not been to either place, & thus, cannot comment on which is a better venue. I understand that group parking maybe a bit of a problem @ CCR while some TDI'rs opined a distaste to Thai.

As for time/date. The inauguration is the 20th. Some have a long weekend on 1/17. Things may calm down by the 24th. So, do we shoot for the weekend of 1/25&25 or 1/31-2/1/09.

When can most make it? CCR or Thai?

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
This thread reminds me of trying to set meetings up at my work. Instead of the myriad reschedules necessitated by trying to nail down a time that works perfectly for everyone, I usually just respond "set it up whenever and I'll be there". Same applies in this case.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
Blue_Hen_TDI said:
This thread reminds me of trying to set meetings up at my work. Instead of the myriad reschedules necessitated by trying to nail down a time that works perfectly for everyone, I usually just respond "set it up whenever and I'll be there". Same applies in this case.
Well the first one went off pretty well. If we would stick to the orginal plan to meet in Feb in NoVa and then in April on the shore it would be great. But some Nova people got together already at the spur of the moment and there is talk others do not like Thai food. Bob and I were talking and he had mentioned Romilo's in Severna Park which is a nice place for a GTG. We can do SP then NoVa then ES.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
tomo366 said:
This has always been a problem for DC area TDIERS...........That is why I have a serious concern as to if we can pull off a TDI FEST.............
Time will tell..........
We pulled of our first one and I am confident we will pull of the next one:D

And the ones afterwards also..

bulabula

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 Jetta; A4 Golf 2-door; Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel
I'll second Romilo's in SP. Just let me know when.

BTW Bob - I'll be in VABch in a couple of weeks - if you would like for me to bring something back with me, let me know and I'll take the truck; else I'll drive the Jetta.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
VeeDub, VA_reman, Et Al, & Others in the area: Any preferences. NoVA. Severna Park ????

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Tom, stop being such a downer. :p We're not arguing about when TDI Fest is going to be. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, since Tom is being such a grump, I'll make a decision. Thai Thai on Monday, January 26th from 8:00pm until ???. Is this good for everyone, or would you guys prefer to do something during the day on a weekend? If that's the case, I'll pick a date and time to do that instead.

The address is 5123 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22207.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
VeeDubTDI said:
Tom, stop being such a downer. :p We're not arguing about when TDI Fest is going to be. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, since Tom is being such a grump, I'll make a decision. Thai Thai on Monday, January 26th from 8:00pm until ???. Is this good for everyone, or would you guys prefer to do something during the day on a weekend? If that's the case, I'll pick a date and time to do that instead.

Weekend for me.
VeeDub, I am actually quite disappointed in you. You claim to be (and accused of) advancing an agenda. Why are you not pushing for Dupont Circle?

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I can't do a weekday, but again, just set it up and whoever makes it makes it. You can't please all the people all the time.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Don, you're absolutely right! How silly of me. Let's all go to a drag show in Dupont Circle. Perhaps a high heel race? :eek:

I will check with the Thai place to see if they're open in the afternoon on Sunday. We could get lunch on the 25th since that will probably work better for more people than Monday evening.

Stay tuned.

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
05 TDI Passat variant, 03 Dodge 2500 Cummins
I have to say that I'm down for whenver. Once a date can get pinned down, I would know for sure if id be able to make it...

Arlington is is only 45 min from me and i certainly enjoy Thai

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
I will try to make it if it is a good weekend that if can make it down.

Keep the first post updated with the finalized details, or start a new thread, and that will attract more people...

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
VeeDub; It appears from the responses that weekends are best. Let's stick with the Thai given the responses.

Given the inauguration is the 20th, do you think the crowds will have thinned by the 24/25 th weekend, or are we better off with the 31/1 Feb. weekend? The 24/25 maybe cutting it close.

Dave, you know the food vendors & how they are gearing up, what is you sense.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
VeeDubTDI said:

Sorry I have been under the weather for the past couple days and just getting back in the forums of things. This sounds good with me, my wife is going to be jealous but I might just have to arange to bring something home for her for lunch the next day. - I think that week day nights are good and the later the better so I can get the 4 kids to sleep then take off on the wife. Besides we all know how late I was last time and no kids were involved on the last meet.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
donDavide said:
Weekend for me.
VeeDub, I am actually quite disappointed in you. You claim to be (and accused of) advancing an agenda. Why are you not pushing for Dupont Circle?
I am one for a persons personal choice but Dupont can become crazy expensive and fast. Parking alone can eat up your wallet and your time. Lets leave the Dupont scene out of it. We drive VW's (most of us) not Mercedes.

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
if we all wanted to talk bio-fuels, I have an appleseed reactor in my garage!

I also filter WVO and run it straight in my 85 JettaD

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
SO then Waldorf here we come. = - ) Free biofuel but you must bring appleseeds! hahaha

Just kidding. but we will all still want to come to Waldorf some time.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
va_reman said:
I am one for a persons personal choice but Dupont can become crazy expensive and fast. Parking alone can eat up your wallet and your time. Lets leave the Dupont scene out of it. We drive VW's (most of us) not Mercedes.
It seems that you have missed the joke. Read VeeDub's signature.

There actually quite a few places around the greater DPC that are good for eating, but not parking. (VW did Sportwagen rollout there at Palomar hotel)

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
haha, if i can get a good batch made before then... the cold doesnt help me very much. I just made a 30 gallon batch of a milky white bio-esq crap. Im letting it settle right now before i mist wash it again... cross your fingers

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
Bob S. said:
VeeDub; It appears from the responses that weekends are best. Let's stick with the Thai given the responses.

Given the inauguration is the 20th, do you think the crowds will have thinned by the 24/25 th weekend, or are we better off with the 31/1 Feb. weekend? The 24/25 maybe cutting it close.

Dave, you know the food vendors & how they are gearing up, what is you sense.
I will have a better read on that end of the week.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
va_reman said:
SO then Waldorf here we come. = - ) Free biofuel but you must bring appleseeds! hahaha

Just kidding. but we will all still want to come to Waldorf some time.
Waldorf can get worked in. Lot's of places to eat and we con do burn out at Southern VW.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
donDavide said:
I will have a better read on that end of the week.
It might be better to wait til the week's end to finalize then. My understanding is that hugh crowds are expected. I just have not heard an estimate of when they are expected to thin.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
Bob S. said:
It might be better to wait til the week's end to finalize then. My understanding is that hugh crowds are expected. I just have not heard an estimate of when they are expected to thin.
Well that I can tell you. They expect the crowds to start coming on Sat the 17th. 20th is the Big day so the next day the will start leaving. 1-4 million in area expected.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I will take a couple of days of non-stop traffic for that many people to even get out of town. I think we'll be safe by the 25th though... 5 days after the big day.