Dela,Mary,Virgin Meet (ii) = -)

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
So while it is cool and we are all dreaming of the nice things we would want to do to our cars or in our cars but then see the temp outside and change our minds and stay inside... Lets start throwing out ideas for the next mini meet (don't get me wrong all are welcome, we are car folks with a deep underpinning for TDI's but car folks none the less). This tyme are we heading East, West, South or a combination of both? What do we want to hit this time? An eattery, race track, bio-fuels, start shooting out ideas!

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
Anyone game for a Mid Jan / Late Jan meet to talk about all the Christmas gifts Santa has brought us, for being good of course.

bulabula

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 Jetta; A4 Golf 2-door; Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel
I'm in. I'll be in Va Beach the week of the inaugeration, but should be around during the weekends. But the weekend before, the 17-20 Jan is a very long weekend for some of us.

Where is this Thai place? With it being nearby and parking available - I take it its not in NW.

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
Reman, I have been to the cold and VA is not that place :p (WI is negative temperature BEFORE the windchill) but I would be game for one a month as well... mmmmm Thai Food.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
Cold to me, damb cold. What happen to the 70 degree weather, where did it go... My car told me yesterday to go back inside and to leave her alone, come back when it is warmer.

JohnO.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
If I only had a million dollars I could live like the other half does...

= - 0

No serious, you have an automatic start remote, very cool. Is that an option on those or aftermarket.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
No cold cars here.

Finally got all of the stationary tools on casters and most days the shop gets cleaned up, tools into their night time location, and cars tucked in for the evening. I plug them in around 4:00 a.m. and by the time they are needed they are toasty from start up. :D

It's been a long time coming.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Hey RC the palce looks great and I do remember when there were huge propane tanks there in the undeveloped field. 3 TDIs, 1 '96 Cummins, 1 Kubota, 1 diesel generator. our fleets are simular.

RC we have to do a renunion meet this summer it will be 10 years!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
PeterV said:
RC we have to do a renunion meet this summer it will be 10 years!
It was spring of '01 Peter, don't make us any older than we need be.

Perhaps one this spring would be in order my friend. Have a happy holiday up there.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
Feb. is fine also I just am of the mind that more meets are merry eerrrr... I would hope that with frequency more people would be able to be involved, I could be wrong. Just a thought.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'll be in Detroit for the auto show the weekend of the inauguration. I think we were talking about Thai food in the beginning of February.

It's a block away from the intersection of N. George Mason Drive and Lee Highway in Arlington, VA.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
I guess the thai bug is out as tonights meet is all bout the thai. I wish I could go... but if something else is planed in the future then I can always find good food another time.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
No I m not either just maybe instead of thai mybe something else. Since Thai has been done, dont get me wrong as I can eat thai food everyday of the week.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Thai food is required. There is no such thing as too much.

PnutButrJelytime

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta
what about lemon grass in Annapolis. after inauguration that is. which would be convenient for Virginians being right off rt. 50 and all

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
PnutButrJelytime said:
what about lemon grass in Annapolis. after inauguration that is. which would be convenient for Virginians being right off rt. 50 and all
I like their food, but parking TDIz together is a challenge.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
I would like to come unless it is a private affair. If anyone is good with a camera and the weather permits having clean cars lunch and some group car photo pics would be nice to post on here. Other than fests and such I have not seen too many TDI group shots of cars. There 100's of good spots with killer backgrounds in the DC area. What happened to the last time yall got together? I cant find the thread. I thoufgt there was talk of goin to the CCR. No? They have the best homemade chili and ................ I have not been there in 10 years or so but i used to often for lunch. Where can you spend 10 bucks on lunch and get tig bitties on the side..............LOL

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
RC said:
It was spring of '01 Peter, don't make us any older than we need be.

Perhaps one this spring would be in order my friend. Have a happy holiday up there.
LOL......Perhaps......I KNOW THOSE CARS!!!

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
LiLredTDI said:
I would like to come unless it is a private affair. If anyone is good with a camera and the weather permits having clean cars lunch and some group car photo pics would be nice to post on here. Other than fests and such I have not seen too many TDI group shots of cars. There 100's of good spots with killer backgrounds in the DC area. What happened to the last time yall got together? I cant find the thread. I thoufgt there was talk of goin to the CCR. No? They have the best homemade chili and ................ I have not been there in 10 years or so but i used to often for lunch. Where can you spend 10 bucks on lunch and get tig bitties on the side..............LOL
Bro all are welcome, you don't even need to have a TDI to meet up, be a previous owner, a prospective owner, or a tdi for another manufacturer. What ever the case come meet some good folks that like to talk cars. Your on the right track with staging some TDI's togther for pics around town. I am in.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
PnutButrJelytime said:
oh yeah happy new year :p
You must have kids...! I also. PBJ's are a common thing in my home. Even I can get into it once in a while. Happy New Year to all. My 2009 get you to trade up for a faster, newer, TDI.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Shorysclimbin, AKA Kyle, and a few other Vermont TDI club members are in Richmond, VA for a bit. Shorty has been doing some cart racing on Thursday evenings at a track in the Richmond area. Here is the link. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=233673

I understand that & the other Vermont TDI'rs will be going the next Thursday again. I understand that all are welcome. Anyone interested in joining him. He should be posting more info for us. Location, times, cost, etc.