Defective DEF reservoir and heater - waiting on parts for 6 weeks now

toffee brown

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagon
Took my Golf in for a new battery about 6 weeks ago but it also had a check engine notification illuminated. Dealer said they replaced battery but also were going to replace DEF reservoir and heater under warranty. They are waiting for the back ordered parts but have "no idea when they might come in". Although I have a loaner, I miss my Sportswagon. Any inteligence out there about why these parts are taking so long? Not looking for "it's the supply chain situation" answer.
Thanks for any information

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Unfortunately these parts of the TDI emissions system stink. I had mine go bad in the first year of being new Touareg 2012. I'm sure plenty of the reason they are still failing a high rate. Everything today is a problem for getting deliveries. It's just what it is.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
So you fully understand what the issue is, but don't want to accept the facts that they are on backorder?
OK, here's a different answer. It's because you drive a lemon and they all break down and need these parts replaced after the fix..... so you're just in queue.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
How long are they willing to give you a free car to drive?
I don't believe they have a leg to stand on if they don't want to provide a loaner.... unless they fix & return his or give him a buyout, they have to provide one as far as I know.