DeAutoKey H7RC for NMS Passat

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Hello everyone, I've searched this forum and have found a few older threads regarding the DeAutoKey H7RC hid kit for the NMS Passat.

These seem to be a fairly quality and well priced upgrade for these cars and as I'm driving more on darker highways, I'd love to upgrade the factory headlights.

Any of you fine folk have this HID kit installed in your Passats?

How do you like them so far? Any issues that have cropped up?

I'm in Canada so the shipping that they use is expensive so I'm trying to see if it's a justifiable purchase.

Thank you

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
IMO upgrading to quality high output halogens is the best bang for the buck.

I haven't bought anything from DEAuto but they seem to roll through product lines as the container ship arrive, so quality of a unit sold 2-3 years ago isn't the same unit they are selling today. Again not saying they sell bad things but take their warranty with a grain of salt.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
IMO upgrading to quality high output halogens is the best bang for the buck.

I haven't bought anything from DEAuto but they seem to roll through product lines as the container ship arrive, so quality of a unit sold 2-3 years ago isn't the same unit they are selling today. Again not saying they sell bad things but take their warranty with a grain of salt.

Thanks,

I've actually given some LED bulbs a try in my headlight housings. Low beams.

The light output is much better and from various tests, it doesn't appear to be blinding or bad glare.