Death wrench

Miss Turbo

TDI
2015 passat tdi
Add blue light came on. I refilled. Light won't go out. I have 100 miles till no start. Does anyone know if car will shut down while driving? Or after i've reached/gone over limit, will not start after i turn it off?

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
Maybe you can find out for us 😂
Really, You need to drive to a dealership after confirming it's covered under extended warranty.

PeggyLee

TDI
Passats tdi
I’m having the same issue. I can’t take a chance of it shutting off. It’s 7 degrees and I’ll be on highway with my grandkids

Miss Turbo

TDI
2015 passat tdi
I’m having the same issue. I can’t take a chance of it shutting off. It’s 7 degrees and I’ll be on highway with my grandkids
Being as parts to fix it are unavailable, replacing whole tank is $$$$$ i'm getting a malone DEF delete tune. They don't test emissions where i live. So a tune is the easiest, least expensive fix. Good luck with yours, and love those grands!

Miss Turbo

TDI
2015 passat tdi
If it's under warranty, why pay for it. Is what he's saying
It's not under warranty! I have almost 200,000 miles. I think he was being sarcastic, as we've all experienced those nasty phone calls about buying an extended warranty.

Miss Turbo

TDI
2015 passat tdi
Being as parts to fix it are unavailable, replacing whole tank is $$$$$ i'm getting a malone DEF delete tune. They don't test emissions where i live. So a tune is the easiest, least expensive fix. Good luck with yours, and love those grands!
Ps. Being as the add blue isn't working, know that after some miles, your going to get about 5 codes, your check engine light will come on. You may have to replace your 02 sensor. I'm betting, once i fix the DEF problem, the codes will clear.

watatrp

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta tdi (gone) 2013 Passat SEL TDI
From another post I answered below. Mine was and is still under warranty so I let the dealer handle it. They gave me a brand new Passat gas loaner so I let them have it as long as they wanted. Very frustrating to be driving a car when you don't know if you will get back home with it. I will do a tune when the warranty is up. Mine never did get to the "no start" event but close. Worst was when it got down to 25 miles to no start so I stopped to fuel up hoping I could get back home the last 100 miles. When I restarted after fueling up it was gone until I got back on the highway again. I came to the conclusion that it came on when running at highway speeds for more than half an hour.

"I had the same problem with the no engine start. Would come on randomly at first then it would start the count down down to 25 miles. This normally happened on road trips. Had it to the dealership for about 3 weeks while they diagnosed it last year. The dealership ended up replacing the rear nox sensor and the nox catalyst. Have not had a problem with it since then."