dealer has golf 2015TDI new from storage

TDI
Jetta tdi 2009
Hi. Sad news my 2006 Jetta TDI with 520K on it died. Turbocharger going. Happen be to be over at dealer. They have a limited number of new 2015 TDI's that were sitting on the docks when the **** hit the fan. They are now selling with a 5K discount. Dealer checking brakes etc. My question is, is this a good buying opportunity? Dealer will apply fix for emmissions. Dealer got 30 about two weeks ago and only 2 left. Employees gobbling up. Any thoughts?

NorthVan

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi: 2014 Touareg TDi
I also bought a new 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, big discount on the price so we bought the extended warranty and are covered for 10 years or 200,000Km. Get one if you can.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
I would get one if I didn't have one already. If you have time though you might do a nationwide search to see if you are getting a good deal. I flew to Minneapolis last year to buy mine and enjoyed the drive home to Colorado

bowelder

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW golf TDI with tech package
I'm looking at one also, Do you mind helping me know what a fair price is on these? My local dealer has Golf S and SE, Golf sportwagen S and SEL, Jetta S and SE. I'm having trouble finding reliable info on what these cars were listed for before the lawsuit. With the different models and packages, i'm not sure what would be fair prices.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

bowelder

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW golf TDI with tech package
I'm looking at one also, Do you mind helping me know what a fair price is on these? My local dealer has Golf S and SE, Golf sportwagen S and SEL, Jetta S and SE. I'm having trouble finding reliable info on what these cars were listed for before the lawsuit. With the different models and packages, i'm not sure what would be fair prices.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
For those of you interested in buying a 2015, there are several threads about this going on in the Dieselgate forum. :)

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Bowelder:

Try Cars.com. Select New, VW, Diesel, all miles from your zip code and 2015. See if that gives you an idea what is out there. I also like to sort it by price. Low to high.

If you find one call the dealer and make sure that they really have the car, at that price and let them know you will be flying in so need a straight deal. Check the dealer reviews on=line. I bought mine from Luther Westside VW in MN. Mine was used but I was very happy with the guy. Picked me up at the airport and all was as he stated by phone.

Last edited:

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
In 2015 right before anything started coming out we were looking at new cars. They were taking 6000-6750 off and there was only like a 2500 incentive on them. Dealers are making a killing here where you look at what they were in house discounting before. And they are low balling trades into the ground as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corn

TDI
2012 Jetta
I bought a 2015 Jetta SE last night. It's my fourth TDI. Just couldn't pass it up. VW bought back my 15 Passat in Jan. Afterwards I bought a 14 Cruze diesel. Great car but it didn't get the MPG's like a TDI. It was also very uncomfortable for me. I fit in it well but the seats are not very ergonomic. Started to have tremendous knee and hamstring pain/issues. I took a small hit on it on the trade in but it will all work out in the long run. I have a sixty mile commute to work so I had to go back to what works! :)

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
I bought a 2015 Jetta SE last night. It's my fourth TDI. Just couldn't pass it up. VW bought back my 15 Passat in Jan. Afterwards I bought a 14 Cruze diesel. Great car but it didn't get the MPG's like a TDI. It was also very uncomfortable for me. I fit in it well but the seats are not very ergonomic. Started to have tremendous knee and hamstring pain/issues. I took a small hit on it on the trade in but it will all work out in the long run. I have a sixty mile commute to work so I had to go back to what works! :)

The miserable transmission in those years is why the mpg is so bad. Who knows tho. Maybe when the manual cars start to roll out with some discounts I'll grab one. It's hard to find me another nice beetle tdi down here with a alh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VWkar

TDI
2009 Jetta
milage

I would get one if I didn't have one already. If you have time though you might do a nationwide search to see if you are getting a good deal. I flew to Minneapolis last year to buy mine and enjoyed the drive home to Colorado

What was your milage on the way home? How fast were you going?

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine was a year ago so I don't recall. Sorry
It rained pretty hard and different roads so varying speeds from 60-80 mph. Stayed overnight in a great little Mom & Pop motel in central South Dakota.

I am currently averaging about 45-46 mpg with mixed driving. I retired 6 months ago so I am doing a lot of short hops around the area with some periodic 75 mph, 100 mile round trips to Denver.

I bought the car with 11,400 miles on it for $19,770. With the almost $6,000 VW is paying me I guess I got the car for $13,800. Best deal I've ever made. I wish I got all the restitution but I was the second owner.......