DC/VA Lunch GTG

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Would someone mind bringing a torque wrench with them? I put on new wheels the other week and would like to torque them. Also, where could I buy a decent one for a decent price? Dan

schultzy

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS TDI PD, 2004, Reflex Silver/Grey Velour
Well, the old lady is working a double shift, so I may end up making it after all. We'll see if I can negotiate the west side of the beltway. Hope to see you all there!

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I just washed my car, and shes lookin very nice. Bad thing though that I noticed when washing it. One of the valve steams is leaking air when you touch it. The kid I bought these wheels/tires from better give me the money to fix it. See you all in a few hours.

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
It just started and I've already missed it... I'm having to change brake lines on my moms Saab...go figure! I aim to hit the Berryville GTG as my first intro to others TDI obsession...

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
It was great fun and I learned a lot. Unfortunately I am still not clear who I met
I haven't been around enough to know all the usernames and then to match those to the real life names that were used.

Even though NewJettaGuy forgot my badges, I got to look at my EGR valve, topped off with some Biodiesel and came to the general conclusion that I might be the only NB owner to go to these GTG's.

Calico Red

Perpetual Newbie
TDI
Passat 1996 Blue (sold 2/25/2012), Jetta 2005 Blue
It was great fun and I learned a lot. Unfortunately I am still not clear who I met
I haven't been around enough to know all the usernames and then to match those to the real life names that were used.
I'll second that!

Maybe each attendee could PM Marit and me with their username, real name, and some sort of info that would trigger a name/face recognition.

I'd also like to comment the the knowledge and passion of the attendees was great and contagious!

Linda

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
and I was the good looking one...
Isn't that the forgetful one?

Tongsli - Were you the guy who wanted the Stanandyne and headed to Stohlman's based on my incorrect information? My apologies

stayalert

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf black
I was the guy with the wife and 2 kids who drove by en route from NC to MA....Wasn't in the cards to take a lunch detour....Cheers! Rob M Concord, MA

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
I was the one with the funky glasses and wisconsin plates.
Also, does anyone have their pics from the GTG posted yet?
Dan

schultzy

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS TDI PD, 2004, Reflex Silver/Grey Velour
I too had a great time. When I got there, I thought you had to have a Jetta to be there, there were so many. Of course I saw my first and second TDI Passat there too! I was the guy with the Golf. Good luck with that NB!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
LOL,

You Asians all look alike

Tongsli - Were you the guy who wanted the Stanandyne and headed to Stohlman's based on my incorrect information? My apologies
Marit, it's ok. We got free ice cream

Linda, I was the SLR shutterbug

L