DC/VA Lunch GTG

schultzy

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS TDI PD, 2004, Reflex Silver/Grey Velour
I'm in. Should be fun, especially the drive there and back. I'm on the opposite side of the beltway.

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
<font color="blue"> Sob </font>

I am currently scheduled for knee surgery on the 23rd
And doubt that I will be up to out and about and talking cars 2 days later. However, should the Vicodin do it's job without leaving me comatose, I will do my best to show up.

stayalert

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf black
A slim chance I will be crashing this event on my return from North Carolina to Concord, MA. If I can make I'll see you there!
Rob "stayalert" M Concord, MA

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
a non-wrenching GTG
Seeing that I live 15 minutes from that Chili's...I should make my way over there!(and it'd be my first GTG as it is) Too bad the parking lot there is out under the sun with no canopes of trees(unless the group takes over a section of the parking garage next to the Chili's.).

The Luckoil station around the corner on Rt. 123 is said to have pretty good diesel (48+ cetane?)...there is also a new BP right near as well with "Premium". Fuel for thought if any TDI is thirsty.

When do we need to confirm? ...I saw mention of a reservatin to be made.

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
The Luckoil station around the corner on Rt. 123 is said to have pretty good diesel (48+ cetane?)...there is also a new BP right near as well with "Premium". Fuel for thought if any TDI is thirsty.
Hmmm depending on which way I go to work, I pass one or the other. I might have to do some test tanks...

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
I'm out. I'll be on a sailboat on Vancouver Sound that week. Next time.

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
Slightly off-topic, but perhaps helpful to those attending the GTG to scrutinize a couple pumps in the NoVA area.

Marit: The diesel at the Luckoil (on Rt. 123 just north of Rt. 7) was previously tested when it was the Getty station. I was told the Luckoil bought the Gettys in at least our area.(But likely the same supplier?) The fuel got tested at being 48+...who knows for sure though at this point. The BP station is on Rt. 7 just east of the Rt. 123 overpass. The pricing is very good for our area as well (last I filled they were both at $1.79). If it is BP diesel being supplied to the BP station...chances are it's pretty good stuff. I've run both in varrying quantities with nothing overly positive or negative to say.(I use Powerservice along with my CAT fuelfilter to aid what hits my pump and beyond as it is) The BP has new-ish tanks, and I imagine they both get decent diesel traffic rolling thru.

Can't take full credit on all the info above...been discussions in the forums about what stations in NoVA are good to hit and which to avoid.

(I have not filled up a clear container at either staion to check the hue...if such a 'test' matters... I ASSUME the lighter diesel is the cleaner-higher cetane it is.)

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
Thanks Mydeathbynapalm. I am rapidly approaching the fuel light and while I would love to join the 700 mile club, for a start, I am paranoid about getting stuck in one of our round the clock traffic jams with no fuel
Maybe I'll fill up after work tomorrow.

stayalert

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf black
Hmmm. 'round the clock traffic jams eh??? That's not quite so appetizing.........Rob M Concord, MA

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
eh, on a Saturday it isn't too bad. I was exaggerating as a result of my delay getting home due to contruction taking a major highway down to ONE Freakin' lane at 10pm when half of the world was driving into DC to see Ronnie at the Capitol.

deanh

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2006 TDI (Gecko)
All,

Place:
Chili's
8051 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182-2709 US
For a map and/or driving directions, click this link and scroll down to #5: Listing of Chili's Restaurants

Time: 11:30 AM
Until: Who knows???

This is a "non-wrenching" GTG, however, if someone has Vag-Com and brings it along, I am sure others would greatly appreciate it

Added: I will make reservations for 15.

I'm there....*if* (*if* = trying to deconflict or delay an emerging family activity). I know I tossed out the date...but there was domestic planning going on in the background that I was not in the loop on

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
I filled up last night at the LukOil on 123 with a double dose of Stanandyne and by the time I pulled out of the station it was like I was driving a different car

The only downside is that they don't have pay at the pump for diesels. The upside is that when I went in to pay, the guy in the Porsche asked me enviously "your car is a diesel?" He didn't seem to happy for me when I said that I had put on 650 miles since I last filled up especially when the clerk said that will be $25
Imagine how heartbroken that guy would be if he knew that I had vented otherwise my bill would've only been $20 <sadisitic cackle>

roscoe13

TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000, White
All,

Place:
Chili's
8051 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182-2709 US
Time: 11:30 AM
Until: Who knows???
So this is for June 26th, right? If so, I should be able to make it...

Peace

deanh

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2006 TDI (Gecko)
I just got diverted for this Saturday...domestic subversion

But got the green light for Berryville next month

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GlS,2006 NB (Crew Chief),2009 JSW
Hey count me in, know it's a bit late but internet access is tough to come by in Yellowstone and Grand Teton N.P.s
. See you there.
Paul

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Well Paul, if you are going to go I will go for sure then. I will bring your wheels with me.

Kennedy

Veteran Member
Me, the IMMINENTLY pregnant Missy, and soon to be Caelah will be there in the Bad Bora... I'll have some new goodies to show and tell too.

I'll bring Vag-Com for those that need EGR adapts, keys, clusters, etc...

schultzy

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS TDI PD, 2004, Reflex Silver/Grey Velour
There is gonna be room for another, I'm not gonna be able to make it.
Have a great time everyone! I hope to see you at the next one.