DC/VA Lunch GTG

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
Seeing how it has been quite a long time since there was a lunchtime GTG for those of us in the Northern VA/DC area, is there any interest in setting one up.

SNIP

Update:

Looks like Tysons Corner is the location of choice for the next GTG...

SNIP SNIP

Upate:
Place: Chili's
8051 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182-2709 US
For a map and/or driving directions, click this link [url="http://www.chilis.com/mapque...www.chilis.com/mapquest/mqinterco...zip=20310[/url] and scroll down to #5.

Time: 11:30 AM
Until: Who knows???

This is a "non-wrenching" GTG, however, if someone has Vag-Com and brings it along, I am sure others would greatly appreciate it...

Just made the reservation for 20.

Attendees (thus far):
1. Me
2. Tongsli
3. Calico Red
4. okimavich
5. Kennedy
6. Marit
7. Tomo
8. jettafock
9. TheLongShot
10. stayalert (possible)
11. mydeathbynapalm
12. DC-TDIWagon
13. Birdman
14. Jump62
15. schultzy

Called and confirmed the reservation for Saturday. If you get there before 11:00, just tell the host/hostess that you are there for the TDI Club GTG... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Depends upon when and where. As I am in Gaithersburg I would be more likely able to make a lunch in Maryland than elsewhere, but individual circumstances would determine any particular case.

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
I can do downtown or back at the pizza place in Alexandria. I'm in NoVa (Vienna) now, so can jump on the Beltway and get to most spots pretty easily. Most days are good for me, although I'm travelling a fair bit, so would need to try and fit it into that schedule.

okimavich

Veteran Member
TDI
`16 Audi A6
I'm in Derwood/Rockville and would like to meet some of you guys in the area. Tysons is probably the furthest I can go during lunch, though.

roscoe13

TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000, White
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in Derwood/Rockville and would like to meet some of you guys in the area. Tysons is probably the furthest I can go during lunch, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work in Chantilly, Tyson's would work for me for a lunch GTG...

Peace

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
I am new, but I work in Tyson's. If newbies are allowed and the scheduled time works, I'd love to meet somebody besides my mom who cares that I get 50mpg /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
Marit,

Welcome to the club...everyone is welcome at all GTGs...

We have not firmed up a date/time or place, but it will be posted when we do.

Look forward to seeing you there.

deanh

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2006 TDI (Gecko)
[ QUOTE ]
Marit,

Welcome to the club...everyone is welcome at all GTGs...

We have not firmed up a date/time or place, but it will be posted when we do.

Look forward to seeing you there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to do a weekend lunch thing. Workweek isn't possible for me (coming from near BWI). It;s theoretically easier to move around the Beltway(s) on the weekend too:)

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
A weekend would be nice for me too. I can not take off for lunch during the week. I would love to be able to meet more TDI'ers and to catch up with the ones I have already met.
Dan

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
Yea i'd love to come to one of these...problem is ..i'm kinda like minemapper..always on the go..Lito can attest that i expressed intentions to attend all of the old DC lunches ...but ..didn't make it to even one.I'm pretty much on call and don't know where i'll be...

But that aside.. good thing is all my buisiness is onn weekdays..So i'm glad to say that every weekend and hollidays ---i'm free and dont't even have to ask for beeing OFF cause i'm am OFF /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm verry intrested to see what you guys would think of a casual weekend lunch...or dinner when no one will be stressed with Going Bakc to the Office...

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
I am completely flexible...weekday...weekend...

It would cost me less in fuel on a weekend (1 person in the care vs 3 for using the HOV)...

I was just following the past pattern of lunchtime GTGs...

Any thoughts about a weekend lunch GTG??

deanh

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2006 TDI (Gecko)
[ QUOTE ]
I am completely flexible...weekday...weekend...

It would cost me less in fuel on a weekend (1 person in the care vs 3 for using the HOV)...

I was just following the past pattern of lunchtime GTGs...

Any thoughts about a weekend lunch GTG??

[/ QUOTE ]

--A terrific idea. I mostly can't do weekdays...with a couple of exceptions, can do weekends. I give the weekend thing a big thumbs up.

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
Either weekend or weekday works for me.

Of course a weekend gtg would allow more time for some kind soul to give my new to me NB a once over. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

schultzy

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS TDI PD, 2004, Reflex Silver/Grey Velour
Weekend would be better for me. Of course, the problem with the lunch time GTG is that the train/Metro commuters can't bring their cars to check out. (Half the fun in my opinion
)

Count me in on a weekend GTG...

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
I should be able to make the 26th. However I am moving this month and if I am not finished by then, I'll have to do that instead of play.

Unrelated, but do any of you guys want to volunteer or get paid in beverages and food, to give me a TDI tutorial? All of my past cars were gassers and were basically point and drive. I just checked the fluids and kept driving. I haven't tried yet, but I doubt I could locate my fuel filter or timing belt to save my life.
So any aid one could give towards making me self-sufficient would be greatly appreciated

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
I should be able to make the 26th. However I am moving this month and if I am not finished by then, I'll have to do that instead of play. SNIP
Hope you can make it...moving is a PITA...I know...

Reference your question about locating things under the hood, check this Engine Layout courtesy of GeWilli...

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
All,

Place:
Chili's
8051 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182-2709 US
For a map and/or driving directions, click this link and scroll down to #5: Listing of Chili's Restaurants

Time: 11:30 AM
Until: Who knows???

This is a "non-wrenching" GTG, however, if someone has Vag-Com and brings it along, I am sure others would greatly appreciate it

Added: I will make reservations for 15.