dbilas cam vs. Colts cam

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
TDIsyncro said:
first pull of the day always wins! :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see results.
On my car the 2nd is always the best pull.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Yeah, how can this thread end like this. It’s like a movie building up to the end, then it says to be continued, but it was never continued. :(

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
The movie finished behind the scener never to be seen by the public. The producer ran out of tape. MXRPM has a little fast car with a nice new turbo which apparently is amazing.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I got GTD1756vrk with the Dbilas cam in my daly driver jetta now, back in the days members were talking that it was a bad cam, well I never had a bad luck with it, still in my daly driver jetta, for those that are asking to bring this thread back alive, way back when I had this same engine in my racing golf dbilas cam, stock head, stock clutch, stock internals RC6 with 17/22 I was able to put at a dyno 220HP, I had W/M 11mm pump, L/P, R520, fmic, passat oil cooler, straight pipes, if I'm not mistaken I think I was able to jump from 212HP to 220HP with the dbilas cam. (I don't know if they still sell dbilas cam now

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
If I remember correctly back in the days dbilas did not have cams for the ALH, i believe we were using AHU or 1Z cams and we were fitting them in the ALH, kind of remember vaguely that where you lock the cam (slot) at the vacuum pump side was a little different if I'm not mistaken.

So now since I haven't bought a cam in a long time, does Dbilas sell alh cams ? And how do you guys compare them with colt cams, I got them both my golf got stage 3 colt cam, I've never had any issues with either one of them