Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
I'm curious as to how others feel about Labor Day Weekend as the date for the Fest.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The Labor Day date has been a tradition, but the precedent is only five occasions old. Consider the local attractions and seasonal weather patterns when deciding on what dates towards which to aim in a specific location. Set the 'fest around the best combination of weather, attractions, holiday/work schedules.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
The Labor Day date has been a tradition, but the precedent is only five occasions old. Consider the local attractions and seasonal weather patterns when deciding on what dates towards which to aim in a specific location. Set the 'fest around the best combination of weather, attractions, holiday/work schedules.
4 actually... Utah was pushed back a couple of weeks due to the salt flat races, but yes it pretty much is 'tradition'. Give a good enough reason and it can be modified.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The Labor Day date has been a tradition, but the precedent is only five occasions old.
4 actually... Utah was pushed back a couple of weeks due to the salt flat races
It's like Woodstock... If you can remember, you weren't there.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
3 day weekend means most of us only have to take one day off (Friday)... Not two.

I vote Labor day... YES..

BUT

labor day 2005 is getting closer and closer...

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
My vote for labour day is for vacation reasons. I don't get a lot of vacation time from work so taking advantage of the "free" day on the Monday is helpful. I'm open for other dates but it may mean that I bail early (leave the Sunday afternoon) or try and work something else out with work. Move forward with your proposal and see what happens. Don't make Geoff and I put a "great lakes" proposal in!

ThumperTheRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Virgin White, Diesel Wabbit (SOLD in 2006)...
I am definitly voting for Labor day... Wait... When is Labor Day?? Isn't it in September? Where exactly is this "TDIFest2005" taking place?? The GF and I were thinking about taking off and driving up there to meet up with everyone!! I would love to see everything and how these major meets are run on the VW side of the house (coming from a Subaru owner
)....

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
I encourage more people to vote on this poll. This could be very important in the future planning of the TDIFest.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
Please keep voting here. This may be very helpful for future planning future Fests. If the majority of people cannot make it on Labor Day Weekend, I would think Fred and the organizers would be willing to consider alternative dates in the future.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
Keep voting! This could be very important information for planning future Fests.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Perhaps a poll with prospective dates would give a better indication? 4 reasons for no and 1 for yes might not give a real answer. Perhaps one poll of do you like the date yes no and a second one what date do you find best....

Just my 2 cents (CDN)...

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
I would go with Labor Day weekend as the general rule, since it is a holiday on the same day in both the United States and Canada.