Darkside GTD1752VRK oval port kit install

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
darkside should send you installation instructions when you purchase an item from them. If you search their site, there should be instructions for how to access the "unlocked" instructions.

Barring that, you can shoot them an email and they should be able to send you them.

Boosted_TDI_4_Life

TDI
'15 Golf TDI S
Found out that they do not have any instructions for their turbo kits. I just got an email back this morning from Danny. This will be interesting. I believe this is due to the number of ea288 variants.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I just ordered this kit from Darkside for my Golf. Does anyone have experience removing the stock manifold, turbo, and dpf? I saw a video where they had to hold the engine forward to get them out. I'm foreseeing much difficulty doing this on ramps from the floor.

Here is the link to the kit - https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...mk7-platform-2-0-tdi-common-rail-engines.html
oh yes, you're going to have much difficulty removing with ramps. sorry to say it.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Just the dogbone is removed, along with subframe. Motor will still be supported by upper mounts. You do have to pull the engine/trans forward 1-2" to allow enough room for the aftertreatment to drop out the bottom. .

Boosted_TDI_4_Life

TDI
'15 Golf TDI S
Just the dogbone is removed, along with subframe. Motor will still be supported by upper mounts. You do have to pull the engine/trans forward 1-2" to allow enough room for the aftertreatment to drop out the bottom. .
Thank you! Would you happen to know the size of the triple square socket I’ll need for the heat shield of the DPF/Turbo? I have a kit ready to order with 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18mm sockets in hopes it’ll be one of those sizes.

Boosted_TDI_4_Life

TDI
'15 Golf TDI S
Well it’s been many weekends of working on this kit for a few hours at a time, but it is installed and I’m just having trouble setting the actuator up. I get it to 3.6v with the car off, but as soon as I turn the car on it goes right down to 1.9v until I turn off the car and relieve the vacuum(which brings it back to 3.6v). My tuners are trying to help me (Malone) but I don’t have ide03934 or ide03935 on VCDS for the start and stop voltages. Also note that it remains at 1.9v even when I took it for a test drive.

Ron burgany

TDI
2011 jetta tdi
A little late but I just cut mine and checked it ! Was easy !! Sorry but .. in guelph my guys a melone dealer he could plug in a might be a help to

Boosted_TDI_4_Life

TDI
'15 Golf TDI S
With VCDS I know the current value, but I do not know the start and stop values. I’m thinking that it doesn’t have any parameters for the start and stop because the actuator isn’t moving anywhere but to this one spot, no matter what the boost pressure is.