DAP and LP?

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
Are these included in the buyback prices? I don't believe they are for '15 but wanted to confirm. I think the only option is the DSG

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
Yes. I am sorry. Thought those were standard expressions.

When you go to the calculators there is not an option to put those two packages in the estimate.

At this point I will assume that no value in the buyback will be given to those that have these packages (as opposed to those without them)

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I know the lighting package wasn't included. That's one that people were complaining about when the calculator first came out.

hankster88

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 MK7 Golf TDI S 6M-Sold
If it is for your 2015, 2015 vehicle offer numbers are based off of % of MSRP so i would assume that the LP and DAP are included in your offer due to them being in MSRP. But then again there wouldn't be and adjustment for a DSG with that logic.

$.02, take it as you will

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
Since you have to enter your VIN, and that details every option on your car, why do they need to ask any questions about equipment?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Since you have to enter your VIN, and that details every option on your car, why do they need to ask any questions about equipment?
They don't care about your equipment. They care about getting another TDI off the road and meeting their 85% compliance target as outlined in the settlement. Any additional stuff that they might be able to salvage or resell is gravy that they are not expressly entitled to according to the settlement.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
why do they need to ask any questions about equipment?
VW doesn't need to (and doesn't) ask any questions about equipment, for exactly the reason you mentioned. But the third-party calculators do, since they don't/can't just decode your VIN (and plenty of people probably wouldn't feel comfortable giving that out anyway). And the options are separately valued in any event (those that are assigned any value at all), when you look at the tables.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Any additional stuff that they might be able to salvage or resell is gravy that they are not expressly entitled to according to the settlement.
Nonsense. They're free to sell off any parts (except the ECU, DPF, and a few other emissions-related parts) from any of the buyback vehicles, and to make as much money as they can that way. They're free to fix the cars (once a fix is approved) and resell them, if they choose, and no doubt the price would depend on all the equipment, not just the stuff that's valued by the settlement charts.

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
VW doesn't need to (and doesn't) ask any questions about equipment, for exactly the reason you mentioned. But the third-party calculators do, since they don't/can't just decode your VIN (and plenty of people probably wouldn't feel comfortable giving that out anyway). And the options are separately valued in any event (those that are assigned any value at all), when you look at the tables.
The main reason I asked is a friend has exactly same car and year as me with the exception of DAP and LP. He had the same offer as me so I assumed they were not included. Just wanted to ask here as this forum is very informative.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Nonsense. They're free to sell off any parts (except the ECU, DPF, and a few other emissions-related parts) from any of the buyback vehicles, and to make as much money as they can that way. They're free to fix the cars (once a fix is approved) and resell them, if they choose, and no doubt the price would depend on all the equipment, not just the stuff that's valued by the settlement charts.
I mean they aren't owed/guaranteed those parts. Sure they can resell parts and recoup money, but that is extra and above the settlement terms.

Last edited: