Cylinder head removal

93green12v

TDI
2003 Jetta, 2011 A3
Does anyone have a service manual/ procedure for head removal? Engine code is CBEA. Pistons hit the valves so I’m pulling the head off to see what needs to be repaired. Dealer wanted 5400 bucks for the repair and that’s about half of what the car is worth. So any help would be great.

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
Taking off the head should be exactly the same as on a CJAA motor.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
I just did a brm that had the serp belt break and wrapped up on the crank....couldnt see any Mark's on pistons but 4 valves were bent. My machine shop cks them.....its tough to see the slightly bent ones while still in the head

93green12v

TDI
2003 Jetta, 2011 A3
It’s cost me $150 for the machine shop to go thru the head and check it out. Had two bent valves.

So going forward putting this back together they marked the cams with paint on the teeth to re time them when assembling the head back together. Did all of this put the timing belt on and timed. Bled the fuel system and tried turning the car over. Seems like my timing is off. Got smoke coming out of intake and the turbo exhaust housing feels like it’s sucking. I’m gonna retime the belt again and go from there.