cylinder 3 misfire, ASZ 1.9 TDI

CaddyDean

TDI
Asz 1.9 tdi
Hi All,
New member here, been visiting this site a lot lately after purchasing VW Caddy with a ASZ 1.9 TDI PD130 conversion. I'm still learning about my engine so have a steep learning curve ahead.
I was hoping peeps could point me in the right direction as I am struggling at the moment. my van recently went into a limp mode whilst on the motorway doing 70mph, the van originally would not start but suddenly did when I got it home but running rough with lots of white/blue smoke.
I originally had an error 0076 random misfire on 3 cylinders on VCDS in which I swapped out my injectors, this seemed to help as I'm now getting misfire on cylinder 3 p0300.
I've swapped around the injectors and the fault has not followed the injector and I am finding that the glow plug doesn't appear to be getting any heat as its really wet and swapping the glow plugs also doesn't follow plug so not a plug issue either.

I also have a compression kit on its way so should be able to see if there is a leak of some sort.
From what I have been reading ignition coil packs fail but failing to find it in my engine bay can anyone tell me where it is and what it looks like as I would like to swap this for a new unit to rule this out?

Last edited:

CaddyDean

TDI
Asz 1.9 tdi
Well after more work it looks like i forgot to run vcds after swapping the injectors and now getting p0303 000 on vcds. So swapped out the injector rail wiring harness as ordered one a few weeks back and vcds is still giving the same p0303 code.
My compression test kit just arrived 45 minutes ago and tested all cylinders and cylinder 3 is giving 00psi on test and cylinder 1 seemed a little lower than cylinder 2 and 4. The previous owner said he recently did the head gasket so looks like hes done it wrong as i think the is gonna have to come off for inspection. Pretty shocking tbh as previous owner is a mechanic.